All reviews sister hotel air con the bus walking distance from the beach patio doors great bathroom only stayed one night breakfast is served walls are thin central location communal areas short stay longer stay pool area small pool fresh fruit decent size
Reviewed May 25, 2016 via mobile

Clean basic rooms. The guy on reception was slow in finding our reservation and provided no information.
The air con did not work. I got bitten badly by mosquitos in the room.
10 mins from the airport, 2 mins from the beech and shops. Bus stops to airport and Palma outside the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank N2611YEmarkh
Reviewed May 16, 2016

We spent 5 nights at this hotel. The room was clean & well decorated. Breakfast was served at the gala hotel across the road. This is not a problem. The selection at the buffet breakfast was huge but I did not find the quality to my expectation. I love the Spanish jams usually but found them poor. The hot breakfast selection was not hot & the bacon was impossible to chew. However there was a greta selection of bread.
Two annoying things about our room:- the English speaking TV stations had poor reception. The connection kept cutting out. The cistern of the toilet kept running into the toilet which was noisy in the night. I reported this on our second last day but nothing changed.
A request to the hotel:- would it be possible to have notices in all the languages of guests requesting them to respect other guests, that is, please be quiet late at night. The banging of doors in the early hours as well as loud conversations was annoying.

Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank Isobel066
Reviewed April 12, 2016

Very good sized room. Stayed here back in July 2013 for a couple of nights on a weekend break. Hotel was good for the price we payed. Very centrally located, could probably walk to the airport or jump on a bus. Breakfast was basic but fine. The beach here is beautiful although very busy. Good base to get to Palma. Would recommend this as a budget hotel, nothing fancy.

Date of stay: September 2015
1  Thank SuziSoo1
Reviewed October 21, 2015

I arrived just after midnight and presented my credentials for check-in. Despite booking a superior room with sea view online and receiving a booking confirmation, the desk clerk gave me the key to a standard street view room. I pointed out the mistake and at first I was told that a sea view superior room would cost extra. I explained that I had booked the superior room. After re-checking, the clerk agreed and gave me the correct key.

The room was clean, spacious and being on the 5th floor, had the sea view I requested. The bathroom was adequate however, the water pressure for the shower was poor. The room had working air conditioning but despite the superior room offering the in-room safe included, there was no key which I decided to sort out in the morning. I was able to connect to the free hotel wifi in my room with no problem for the first 4 days, after that, for some reason, I was only able to connect downstairs in the public areas.

On the way down to breakfast the next morning (located across the road at their sister hotel The Gala), I was called to the front desk by the clerk. I was told that the clerk I met on checking-in should have informed me that due to a system error, the Miraflores would be closing on the 18th and as I was booked until the 19th, my last night would be at a different hotel, that hotel being the Gala across the road. I wasn't happy that I would have to pack my case and move to a hotel with an inferior room.

Breakfast at the Gala was overwhelming! Cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit, cold meats, pastries, bacon, beans, mini sausages, eggs. Something there to please everyone. The only gripe I had was that on two occasions the bacon and omelettes were stone cold and inedible.

On returning to the Miraflores, I asked why my room safe didn't have a key only to be told that it was an extra charge. When I again explained that the superior room I had booked advertised the safe as being included, I was given the key after paying a 10€ refundable deposit.

My overall rating for my stay at the Miraflores is only adequate I'm afraid, this being due to the road noise and barking dogs in adjacent residential properties. Although I was on the 5th floor, the frequent traffic noise from the buses and other vehicles was too intrusive despite having the balcony doors closed. I shudder to think how those lower down in the street-facing rooms coped!

Would I stay here again? Probably not, mainly due to the traffic noise and in some part, being shunted over to another hotel during my stay.

Room tip: The superior sea view rooms get the sunshine most of the day.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Aiden J
Reviewed October 14, 2015

My boyfriend and I spent a week here in mid September, it was our second visit. The hotel is in the perfect location for the beach and all the bars and restaurants.

The rooms are a decent size and comfy, the only thing missing really was a fridge. The pool area was very clean with plenty of sun beds, never had a problem getting one. We had a couple of beers in the hotel which were priced very reasonably. The free Wi-Fi works in the lobby and pool area.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay again when returning to Can Pastilla.

Date of stay: September 2015