“Beautiful view, shame about the food”
Review of The Village Cafe

The Village Cafe
Ranked #7 of 28 Restaurants in Deia
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, View
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Very well made small Cafe which serves international food. Freshly prepared food, salads, great dessert...and Lemonade!! Romantic settings, very loving owners...
manchester
“Beautiful view, shame about the food”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We visited Deia on a recommendation from a friend, we came across the village cafe and decided to eat there because of the beautiful view. When our food arrived we weren't very impressed, mine was cold in the middle and my husband didn't like his meal either. I would definitely recommend going to Deia, but not this restaurant!!

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank sandra s

• Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Yes go here!”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I'd just like to add my recommendation to the chorus - while I was very happy with my choice, I think I would've been very happy with everything on the menu. A previous commenter said it was restricted - I disagree. It's SEASONAL, FRESH and MADE TO ORDER. Also, the Mallorcan wines on the list are definitely nice to accompany the meal.
The waitstaff was friendly, we sat out on the terrace - everything was lovely and the beautiful atmosphere complements the food perfectly. Two of us had drinks, lunch, dessert (couldn't resist!) and coffee for ~€50.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank MariaSilvestri
Gothenburg
“Friendly”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Off the main road, restricted menu but great service and inexpensive.

Visited March 2012
Manchester, England
“Best value in Deia”
Reviewed 1 April 2012 via mobile

We ate twice here during our 3 day stay, once at lunchtime and and also on a Sunday evening. There are not many restaurants open on Sundays out of the main season but The Village Cafe is so good that this wasn't a hardship for us. It is run by two Hungarian friends who have travelled the world and shared their experiences of Vietnam with us, particularly Hoi-An. They are very personable young men and will vary the menu to suit you. I can see why it gets such good reviews and can heartily reccomend it. It represents good value for money as a bonus!

1 Thank wrason
London, United Kingdom
“Fresh food and great service”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We really enjoyed our dining experience at The Village Cafe. The service was excellent and the food was very fresh and locally sourced. Loved the almond cake and of course you can have it served with almond ice cream..all the better..The desserts come from Soller and are all homemade so you know you are getting the best!

• Visited March 2012