We stayed here for three days; two nights to begin our two week holiday. We are a couple with no children and I still love to go out and party on holiday but when I get back to the hotel I want it quiet so I can sleep. I also like a nice quiet beach. Since Viva was number one on Trip Advisor it’s where we decided to stay. I must note that I don’t have children and had there been a nicer adults only resort close to the craziness in Magalluf I probably would have preferred to stay there. But since we spend all of our day time at the beach and not the pool; we had no problems. We also were staying in the upgraded rooms; mainly because we went during peak season and I didn’t want to have to get up a 7AM to get a sun bed. We went out every night so didn’t even get in until close to 7AM. It really was unnecessary though because the upgraded rooms are closer to the main pool and had we stayed at the resort we would have gone to the adult pool anyway.
The adult pool area was really nice but close to the bouncy house since we didn’t utilize it I don’t know how loud it was. We didn’t partake in any of the entertainment at the resort mainly because we were there to chill on the beach during the day and drink and party all night. The hotel gets really quiet around 11PM; which was fine; that’s when we were leaving anyway. The funny thing is we heard the entertainment every night as our room was very close to the stage. The Lionel Ritchie impersonator was HORRIBLE and loud. I don’t know why Lionel Ritchie impersonators are so popular in Palma Nova, we saw a ton of restaurant advertisements for them, but the one at Viva was ridiculously bad. We were trying to nap, prior to going out later that night, and spent his entire set laughing at how incredibly bad it was. It was actually quite entertaining.
ROOM: I must say I was not that impressed with the rooms at Viva. They were quite simple, bare even. The couch was horribly uncomfortable. The bed was good enough though. We had problems with our plumbing. Apparently, waste from another room kept coming up in the kitchen sink pipes. We didn’t spend much time in the room; so when I figured out where the smell was coming from I immediately called the front desk. Unfortunately the maintenance staff did not speak English and my Spanish is very limited so I don’t really think they even understood what the problem was. We left the next day so who knows if the problem was fixed or not.
FOOD: We did half-board so all we had was breakfast. On Sunday they don’t do breakfast in the restaurant so they drop off continental to the rooms the night before. We didn’t eat that, but the breakfast in the restaurant was nice, standard European breakfast. Fresh breads, loved it! We ate and drank out on the strip so I have no review of the bar or dinner there.
BEACH: It is extremely close; on the side close to Viva is the family beach. The Magalluf beach reminded me of Miami. All of the bars and restaurants line the beach offering drink specials and playing loud music. I preferred the family beach side; quieter.
It was good time but if I go back, and I loved Palma Nova I really want to go back, I would not stay there again, I would try another hotel. Viva was good for what it was, but I don’t really know why it’s rated number one here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 20 kilometres from Palma lies the magnificent tourist resort of Palmanova. And in its centre, just 200 metres from its magnificent beaches, Viva Palmanova Aparthotel can be found. Recently renovated, this establishment is the best choice for families and couples seeking maximum comfort, a full range of amenities and great entertainment for all. Viva Palmanova has three different swimming pools: a general pool with a large sun terrace, a children’s pool with water games and a Pirate Boat, and an exclusive chill-out pool with Balinese sunbeds. Also the Viva Palmanova boasts a complete range of sports and leisure facilities: sports ground, gym, indoor pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, children’s playground, and recreational games, while an abundant and varied cuisine can be enjoyed in any of its restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Viva Palmanova & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Palmanova Palma Nova
- Viva Palma Nova
- Viva Palmanova & Spa Majorca