Some good and bad points in equal measures - not sure we'd say we were unhappy, but we'd almost certainly not stay again. Think they're pitching themselves as something they're not.
- Rooms are good sizes, and beds very comfy
- All very clean
- Breakfast is good
- Staff very friendly
- Pool bar good, and nice pool areas
- Nice beach at the bottom of the road
NOT SO GOOD
- Location is a bit poor - nothing in the direct vicinity (not even a little bar or restaurants), and you need a cab to get to the port as it's a very hilly walk
- Full board dinner buffet was average at best - some weird combinations and some of the toughest pork I've ever eaten
- Literally no noise insulation in the rooms - we had the bad fortune to be underneath some people who weren't getting back until about 3/4am every night and walking around in heels which meant we were woken up every night
- Pool spots are few and far between (we never managed to get one) - the 'VIP' pool is always empty though, so they'd be better opening this up because it's basically just a gimmick
Just got back from a 4 night stay at this hotel and I was very impressed by this Hotel.
We stayed in one of the basic rooms which was more than adequate, a good size and a balcony.
The hotel has a good pool area on 2 levels with a smallish pool on each level.
The breakfast was excellent as were all the staff we encountered.
The location could be a slight problem for some people as you have to walk up a hill to get to the village or pay €3.50 in a taxi (approx €6 to the marina)
You can also walk past the small beach and along the rock face to get to the famous "Roxy's" beach bar in about 10 minutes.
We would definitely stay here again.
I came to the hotel solo. There were mostly couples but I still loved it. BePeaceful beautiful retreat with street parking and a great beach. Excellent breakfast and wonderful swimming pools. Such a cute neighborhood. Perfect for decompressing!
Been to this area many times but first stay here We found the hotel great in every aspect. Modern clean good service breakfast was lovely pool area clean and enough sun beds Would definitely stay here again I’m not sure it’s good for disabled as steep hills are the only way to walk to village or port but other than that no negatives there were 6 of us and we all enjoyed and would re visit
My husband and I booked a 4 night trip to the Hotel Mar de Portals in Caldentey in Majorca from 28th August.This is a new boutique hotel with a quirky layout. ..a mixture of hotel rooms and small stand alone apartments. ..some with swim up pools and others with private hot tubs. There is also a spa a choice of swimming pools and a Balinese bed area. We booked a Heritage room which included a private hot tub.Our room was modern and well equipped with attractive decor and a really excellent power shower. ..the star of the show was the hot tub on the roof top terrace.The buffet breakfast offered a vast array of hot and cold choices.Dinner was also good with different choices each night.A poolside snack bar was available with really good quality and tasty snacks. Jameer was the star of the poolside snack bar ...very charming and hospitable...nothing was too much trouble. There was also nightly entertainment on offer. The hotel is surrounded by residential homes as well as other hotels and only 2 minutes walk from a small secluded cove which was a favourite haunt of locals and holiday makers alike.l will definitely recommend this hotel for a relaxing couples break...my only concern would be that older couples might find some of the staircases a bit of a challenge. However, we found this hotel a relaxing and enjoyable place to stay and will certainly revisit.5 stars from us.