See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Really bad management. Our aircondition in the room was out of order. Manager refuse to fix it. Same thing goes for the safetybox. We moved to another hotel aften 3 days fighting with the manager and our travel agency.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2016 via mobile

Looked lovely on the website, with a nice view over the marina. We had a room at the back with a view of a corrugated roof covered in cigarette ends. We had a balcony about a foot wide so couldn't sit out there. The bed was uncomfortable and the cleanliness left a little to be desired. We were lucky enough to have our own bathroom as some are shared. Only met the man on reception who was very nice and helpful. I know it is cheap but very shabby. Good location though.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

Clean, nice view from the terrace, friendly reception. Very low budget hotel, with great comfort, well bathroom is small but you get fesh towels ans bed sheet every day. Definately recommendable. Restaurants and shops just below the hostal, still quiet family area.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lippai L
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Well, would I stay here again? No! I know it is a hostel and you cannot expect 5* however I have stayed in 3 other hostels around the area which are significantly better. Here is why..... Firstly, when I booked the Vista Alegre there was no mention the air conditioning was not included in the price, it is €5 a day. This wouldn't be too bad had it actually worked, it basically wafted warm air around for 30 mins then gave up. Secondly, the bathroom has been updated recently (nice clean tiles and sink) also a lovely power shower. Great I thought, not so great when you use it and it floods the entire bathroom floor within minutes and then runs down the step into the bedroom. I will load a picture...... (No shower tray, just the floor so it doesn't take a genius to figure out where the water will go - down the step into the bedroom). Thirdly, the wifi doesn't work, not a big deal for me but something the hotel advertises (wifi available in all areas???) That is incorrect, it occasionally works on the bottom floor. On a positive note it is clean, in a nice location on the marina with plenty of bars and restaurants. You also get plenty of towels to mop up the tidal wave from the shower. The lady at reception does not speak English, only Spanish, so it was very hard trying explain the air con/shower situation to her. Thankfully she sent a nice young man called Miguel to my rescue with a fan. If you are looking for somewhere quality at a good price stay at the Brisa Marina next door, the owner is lovely and it will not disappoint!!! Just book early as it gets snapped up quickly!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Suki29
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I found this hostel in the Lonely Planet Spain: Balearic Islands e-book, which said that the hostel was "pokey" but "tidy" -- accurate and true, with emphasis on pokey.
My room faced the marina, which was excellent, but the shared bathroom was clean but one of the most annoying I've ever had to use, because of the poor ventilation and bad lighting. They also offered me an available room with an ensuite bath, but without the view -- I'd rather be inconvenienced with the bathroom but have the view, I guess.
I'd stay there again, just in one of the doubles they have that apparently have a view and ensuite bath. You just can't beat the price in this area. It's more in the center of the port, close to the ferry terminal and also to the beach, with the bus a few blocks away to go to the Alcudia historic center, Inca, Palma, etc.
99% of the places in Port d'Alcudia and Platja d'Alcudia are large hotels catering to the all-inclusive hordes. This is a no-frills, basic basic basic, I-just-want-a-place-to-sleep place.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the port is worth it (and the alternative dismal) but it may be a bit noisy because of restaurants below, depending on the time of year.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo