Gran Hotel Son Net
Finca Hotel Son Pont(Puigpunyent)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$165
US$245
US$187
Orbitz.com
Sa Plana Hotel(Estellencs)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$140
US$280
LuxuryCollection
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$376/night.

US$306
BQ Belvedere Hotel(Palma de Mallorca)
US$201
US$150
  • Pool
Blue Bay Hotel(Cala Major)
US$138
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

All reviewsbeautiful hotelpool suitewelcome drinkprivate terraceluxury hotelshort drivesurrounded by mountainshotel restaurantfantastic staylong weekendtramuntana mountainsolive pressmain restaurantpalma airportcabanamallorcasonnet
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Puigpunyent is a nice little mountain village with 3-4 restaurants/bars, supermarket, bakery and a cross between a supermarket/bakery/butcher. The village is a short 10 min stroll down from the hill, where the hotel is situated.
The staff at the hotel is impeccable, everybody we were in contact with was very helpful and all seemed to be multilingual with English, Spanish and a 3rd language.
The hotel is very beautiful both from the outside and the inside and after reading a TA-review about the restaurant we had to try it. And I must say - this is NOT only a hotel restaurant, this is a gourmet restaurant, that you would go out of your way to visit. We tried the "Menu de degustacion" with 5 courses and wine, and that was spot on. Could have been a one star Michelin restaurant, for all that matters.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Location - just wonderful. There are panoramic views from anyside of this hotel and several terraces from which to enjoy them. It is an easy to find drive from the airport and we found it first time even in the dark.
The hotel - excellent. It is quiet, calm and really well furnished and breathtaking in some aspects. The corridors to the rooms are interspersed with luxury seating areas with books and pantings all around,
The room.We were on the first floor (served by a lift) with room 23 overlooking the front aspect of the hotel. The tall french windows opening up to mountain views all around....lovely to see the daylight arrive over these. The room was large and airy and tatsefully decorated, spotlessly clean. The bed was very large and very comfortable with plump, soft pillows inviting good sleep. There was a modern tv which offered some English channels which was fine also with the option to play DVDs. An added bonus was a fridge which kept the daily supplied soft drinks delightfully cool. As for the bathroom, marble throughout,heated underfloor with a walk in shower where one could have fitted half a netball team, opposite a separate toilet with bidet and then along to a double ended marble set bath, his and hers sinks and again large French windows and views beyond. There was plentiful hot water and a generous supply of Occitaine toiletries. The towelling robes and towels were all of excellent quality and replaced if necessary.
I cannot praise the housekeeping staff enough as they were friendly, courteous and even offered to help us down with the luggage at the end of our stay.
Dining. The breakfast was delicious with a wide choice. I particularly loved the freshly baked bread rolls and smoked salmon. It was lovely too to have a relaxed start to the day with a very considerate serving time until 10 30am The restaurant is stunning and beautifully lit. The evening meal, whilst not cheap, was delicious and the chef obviously prides themself on presentation. I chose the foie gras and baby lamb - both tasty and beautifully served. My dessert on our last night was a near work of art and I hope I can include the photo I took ( tho alas I am no David Bailey!)
The staff were wonderful - friendly without being "stuffy" They were attentive and efficient. Reception area staff were quick to help with any query and were always welcoming and interested in their guests. The restaurant staff worked hard to see that guests every wish was catered for. Staff at this hotel are obviously well trained in hospitality and attitude as at no time was one made to feel a nusiance or that they had been here seen it done it before etc.
We stayed a week and had very pleasant weather for the very end of February as apparently Majorca had had a cool winter with even snow!
I have told many friends and acquaintances already about this hotel. Apparently this was the first winter they had remained open and I specifically asked at reception if they intended to carry this on and was pleased to hear that it should remain open year round. I would love to return and will try to make sure I do just that.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank remfan
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Where to start with this hotel...the practicals first. Airport to hotel is a straight forward 25mins, costing around 35 Euros, hotel to Palma is 15-20 mins costing 20-25 Euros (you will have to wait 15 mins at the hotel for the taxi, as it has to come from Palma to pick you up! - no bother at all, just sit on the terrace and relax!)

My wife and I arrived on the 1st March for 3 nights, and we have stayed at many 5 star/luxury hotels...but this was different. This is the first time I felt the staff really cared and and made you feel welcomed as soon as you arrive, as apposed to being part of their training. The duty manager welcomed us from our taxi door, checked us in, and gave us a short history on the hotel...before showing us to the magnicant terrace for a glass of sparkling wine and local olives. We stayed there for nearly 2 hours before heading to our room - which was a large, charming and beaufitul delux room overlooking the pool. The terrace, pool area, grounds are so picturese, that you will not want to do anything else but relax and soak up the view. You know when the food/hotel is special, when people drive to have lunch on the terrace or just take pictures - and there were many!

We enjoyed a fantastic 3 course dinner at the hotel restaurant, and also tried the bar food for lunch - lovely food (octopus salad was really tasty) - the service had to be commended.
The town is short 5 min stroll down the hotel approach, and has a supermarket, and a few restaurants - we looked at The Rose (which is recommended by others on TA), but enjoyed the food and view at the hotel to try anywhere else!

Palma old city is great to walk around - all main attractions are within walking distance of each other, and can be covered within the day. To be honest, we came to this hotel to just relax and not do anything, and it is perfect for that - next time we would rent a car so we can use the hotel as a base and explore the rest of the island.

Breakfast was plentyful - cold meats, cheeses, fruits etc...ask for cooked breakfasts - a great way to start the day.

I could not have asked for much more from my stay - will be coming back in the future to enjoy this real gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor, overlooking the pool - views of the mountain and town are amazing to wake up every morning.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anil16London
Reviewed February 27, 2012

My friend and I spent 5 days at the Gran Hotel for a break and were thrilled with what we were treated to. It started with a welcome drink on the terrace as suggested by the friendly staff and continued on the entire stay. The room was gorgeous, the food delicious and the grounds very relaxing. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a little bit of luxury.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank bgfrancey
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Such a joy to visit a hotel that is even nicer than the pictures on the website. The trip was a surprise from my daughter and the staff could not have been more helpful throughout our stay. From the second we arrived and were taken out onto the terrace my feet did not touch the ground. I must mention the spa which had an excellent range of treatments by a professional therapist which were extremely good value for money - worth going for those alone. Food was great, staff were amazing and the room was superb. I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family