All reviews small hotel pillows hill bay town
Reviewed August 8, 2018

I was a bit concerned reading a few reviews but super happy we stayed.
We had room #9 which was a poolside room with a great sea view. Room was updated and charming. Great queen bed, very modern bathroom with a great shower. We had a small private terrace with a comfortable canapé sofa. The poolside suites have great privacy and not too many guests at the pool. The other pool which is a small walk away is wonderful as well.
Now for the breakfast: many complaints but I found no problem at all.Its basic but good. Very good coffee ( refill no problem ). Had eggs with bacon and toast. Good/basic breakfast.
Staff was extremely nice.
Don't expect 5 star rapid service, enjoy the views as they are gorgeous. This was an amazing stay...It could be a 5 star with some effort but at this price point, its a great deal.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a miserable existence for a hotel. THEY DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH IETHER. It has no staff at reception, no bar or ability to get tea or coffee, no menus for breakfast, our room wasn’t cleaned while we were there so we made our own bed and had to ask for clean towels. Breakfast was a miserable nightmare using an app to translate as no menus and when I asked for a second drink I was flatly told NO. One morning I waited half an hour for food. Asked twice for it and gave up. In the end we bought our own breakfast food as it wasn’t worth the stress.
We were shocked to come back to our room to find no bins emptied no bed made no fresh towels. We were there for 4 days.
There are a couple of ladies who do everything check you in (if you can find them) serve breakfast and clean rooms. Jacks of all trades but they do not speak English at all.
This hotel is expensive and yet it was like an empty soulless shell with no visual staff no bar no friendliness no atmosphere it was really horrible. It was like self catering. We ended up buying a kettle mugs tea and coffee for our room.
You also pay upfront. They are not stupid. So you pay before you have an awful miserable stay.
I have left loads of reviews on here 99% are very good and I am not normally critical but this hotel left me feeling upset and angry. I should not have to provide my own breakfast. I should feel welcome and happy. Yet it was the complete opposite I’d have had a better time in a hostel

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mumoffivekids
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

I am writing because I did not get an answer from the reservation manager since the 10th October. Me and my son we were supposed to travel to Spain for 10 days. I rarely book through booking.com but I fell in love with this place and booked it. I saw after I made the booking they charged 30% directly and no refund. Anyway flights were booked. The day came to go to the airport and I took my passports and not my sons so we could not fly. Too much hassle to buy another ticket so we decided to stay home instead. I was going to Spain to see my best friend whom I haven't seen for 14 years. And for my sons 9th birthday. I did have a few emails with the hotel for more details before the incident. I wrote to them to explain my situation single mum and that I already lost my flights (the money) that if the hotel could refund me a part or all if they sold the room. I never got an answer. I even wrote twice and never got an answer. I lost the flights 250e and 149e for the room. I have waited until now to make a decision on whether or not to write a comment. I am writing because I work in hotels and I know how these sites work such as booking com. The commission they get and why it's always best to book threw the hotel itself. Anyway I just think the hotel could have contacted me and find a solution or a small gesture. Ex. Refund me some of the money. Tell me that if I come back next time they will give me a good price. I don't know but something. I find it so unprofessional what they did. And I would not recommend to go to this place. Very disappointed as I told the truth to them.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Evabenbbd
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Currently staying here up on the hills overlooking the bay in Cadaqués - and WHAT a view in this glorious late October sunshine. First up - this is a slightly wonky, out-of-kilter 3 star hotel. It's a mish-mash of apartments, bedrooms and cottages spread over a steep hill - think Sunset Boulevard. My wife and I have a very pleasing sea view bedroom with an enormous double bed of great and pleasing comfort. Our bathroom is big and separate from our room, and there is a nice little ante-room as you come in the thick door for plonking your rolling case. So it's spacious and relatively inexpensive for the views and gardens. This could be - in another life - a 5 star uber boutique sort of place; but I'm really thrilled to bits that it's not - as we wouldn't get near the place if it were. ONE big downside, and this may not thrill a lot of couples looking for a pleasant, romantic kick up the bum - it's a bit family friendly, and it's school half term here now, and those over the border in France seemed to have arrived en masse. So there are about 5 families staying here with a whole load of very bored and noisy kids. I'm not anti-kids - but seriously, there is nothing to do here for young children at this time of year - so I'm guessing it's probably overrun with families that book year after year in advance for Summer. I guess all I'm saying is that I think this place is missing a trick given its position, views and location. I'd be very hard pressed to consider returning as I genuinely think there's a difference between a hotel that could offer a lot more romance (and this place could have it in great and huge abundance) and a sort of reasonably priced big on family small hotel that it is. I can't even say it's great for families - other than location - as there's genuinely really nothing for a child to do from what I've witnessed - so it's sort of odd. Neither fish nor fowl. But I genuinely like the place.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2017

The place is well situated & has a great view over the town & the bay. We were pleasantly surprised with the hotel overall.

BUT please change the pillows which were probably the hardest & most un sleep friendly we have ever had the misfortune to encounter!

Friendly & helpful staff...... Was'nt our 1st choice but we left it to the last minute & we'd go back (taking our own pillows though!).

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family