All reviewsnice hotelparking placegreat breakfastcomfort roommagnificent viewbit datedstaff were friendlytrain stationcomfortable bedslakebalconyconferenceeuromosquitoescombinationdogdutch
Reviewed September 28, 2017

Lovely spot that lies very cloes to the highway, which was very convenient and with great service. Food was fair and ok priced.
Little disappointed with the extra surcharge for the fitness room given the smallness of it too......

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2017

I stayed at the hotel early August while attending a conference at the other side of the river. My comfort room was to the river side on the 2nd floor, the view of the balcony was awesome. The bed and bathroom were comfortable and good. It was very quiet at night. The service was great. I did not have breakfast, so I can't say anything about it.

The hotel is away from Putten at a beautiful river and harbour with lots of nature. It is far away from everything and therefore good for people who want silence.

One point off:
The room service did not show up two times, because I was occupying the room until the afternoon.
I did not know that there was no taxi available in Putten and it had to be ordered in advance and it was taken 25 Euro to the train station. That would have been some nice extra information in advance and had caused less waiting time.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

This is a nice hotel; comfortable but not luxurious, quiet without being boring, and in an attractive and fun (but not crowded) location. It would be a great place for a business retreat or small meeting, for a quiet weekend vacation, or for any of the people with boats in the area.

Breakfast was the same every day, and good and filling -- more like what you might eat every day vs a big extravagant production. Good selection of breads, cheese, and teas; a nice coffee machine and pancakes as well. It might be nice to have a little variety from day to day if you are staying for a longer time, though.

Rooms were comfortable and clean, although I'm not a fan of the "traditional" Dutch or European split beds. The bathrooms in the deluxe rooms include a tub as well as shower, and good toiletries.

There is free wifi (without a captive portal), and it is reasonably fast (5/1Mbps) and fairly reliable -- I did notice drop outs, but my room was at the extreme far end of a hallway.

Staff were friendly (although reserved; this is the Netherlands after all) and spoke flawless English.

Hotel restaurant was good and fair priced (EUR 15-30 for a meal), with prompt and attentive service, and a great view. The meal I had (steak) was very good, and I would eat here again. (I was at a conference across the canal and was mostly eating on-site there).

Overall, a good hotel, and I'd stay again when in the area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2017

By checking i find out i was double charge for Toerist tax. i understand when making the booking i did have to change to one person in the room. But a guest can make that mistake. I was corrected by youre reception staff (silvana) in a very unproffesional manner, she told me that she could have sold this room for more money and put me in a smaller room. I think the way she brought this over was very unfriendly and unproffesional. Later i went to the restaurant and order a sate. When delivered i could smell the salad garnish was off and sour. The older gentelman in the restaurant was very good and replaced all. I think its maybe a idea to let him do some customer service with youre reception staff. To be honest you have a top Hotel on a fantastic location. So as you know in the hospitality industry the check in is the first contact with the guest.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Elsa_vdB, Front Office Manager at Postillion Hotel Amersfoort Veluwemeer, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Dear Marcelo,

Thank you for your review.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hospitality of our restaurant staff. All our staff is always willing to learn from each other. I am convinced that during your next stay, the reception will be as welcoming as our restaurant staff.

Hopefully we can welcome you again at the Veluwemeer in the near future.

With kind regards,

Elsa van den Berg

Reviewed July 12, 2017

Thebhotel has a very service minded staff, always very kind, helpfull. Breakfast is largely enough choice and of good quality. The dinners where delicious! The location is very nice and quiet. If you're looking for a combination of good food, some biketours or visiting nice little cities, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Elsa_vdB, Front Office Manager at Postillion Hotel Amersfoort Veluwemeer, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Dear Veronique,

Thank you very much for your enthusiastic review. We could not ask for more!

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we would be more than happy to welcome you again soon.

Best wishes,