“Excellent sushi and sashimi”

Yoko Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Oakton
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 30 July 2015

Yoko is our favorite sushi place, so even though we have to struggle through distance and traffic, we go as often as we can. The fish is always fresh and tasty, and the fried gyoza are the best we've had.
In our visit last week, all of the above was still true, and I was surprised by how generous the pieces were. The sushi pieces were almost 3" long, and needed two bites even for a big-mouth like me. I was glad to find some ripe avocado slices is my eel hand roll instead of the cucumber slices that I always pull out. I'll ask for it that way from now on.
We had started with seaweed salads, and instead of the lump of seaweed we often find at other places, these were carefully arranged, with slices of (extruded) crab and, yes, cucumber. Some people like it.
A serving of tempura was excellent, and served piping hot.
An outstanding dinner. We'll try to come back soon, and bring friends.

Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

I was in the area and could not resist lunch at Yoko. No menu required for me. Chirashi I has a great variety of fish and pickles. As always, fish chunks are very generous and fresh. I also love their home made miso ginger salad dressing.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

Always enjoy a nice dinner at the Sushi bar at Yoko. Everyone is downright friendly, service is very good and sushi is great. Start off with some seaweed salad and be sure to check out the sushi specials on the lighted board.

Reviewed 17 April 2015

Had an appetizer and lunch box for the noon meal, today. It was a wonderful experience to eat at this little restaurant. The tempura was prepared quite expertly. The salad was fresh and cold. All of the items were very pleasing. And, the waitress and hostess were charming. We are definitely going back. ... They were busy, and everyone looked happy.

Reviewed 28 February 2015 via mobile

I have been coming here for a while now and can't recall ever having an unpleasant experience. Walked in tonight and place was packed!
Staff is friendly and sushi's fresh. I typically get the same thing, fatty salmon and unagi and a roll or some type w miso and salad. To date, compared to similar dishes ordered elsewhere, the fish servings here at Yoko are among the largest I've seen... A solid "go to" for sushi!