“Still very good”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2018

I first visited this restaurant shortly after it opened in 1996 in a former pub and being impressed have continued to visit regularly ever since. However, there has been a huge increase in the number of Indian restaurants in town over the years so my visits have become less frequent. Nevertheless we still use it regularly as the food has always been good - well spiced, from hot to delicate flavours, freshly prepared and portions plentiful. It's a while since I last sent a TA review despite visiting numerous times since, so I thought it time for an update if only to say much the same thing.

Once again the four of us were not disappointed in any of our dishes (four starters, four mains, four sides plus nans and rice), and I still think it is among the best four or five in town. It is a typical Bangladeshi-run high street Indian curryhouse menu of all the familiar names rather than one of the three more authentic Indian restaurants in town that have different menus, but although it does what I might call 'formula curry' they do it well.

It will continue to among our regular Indian restaurant for visiting

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

12 of us popped in here for a bit of a boys night out....

I found in the past that such large groups there's always a few issues but the staff here handled it very well indeed.... everybody's food was hot and everybody had said how great it was....

It's very reasonably priced and I cannot fault the staff or the venue.... large groups or couples I would highly recommend Ghandis

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

Tasty food with good quality-price ratio but rude behavior from service making you feel even uncomfortable, especially when it comes to the sunday buffet.

Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

Went on Saturday evening. 3 friends out for a meal. Got sat at 1 table then told it was already booked so had to move, I refused to sit at the second one as the table cloth had curry stains on and the third one was out in the side room meaning we hardly saw any waiting staff. Wasn't keen on the mould on the side of the seats we were sat on and told waiter who said they knew about it and it was where the seats were close together!

The food - when we eventually got to order - was nice and plentiful but the service really did need improving. I know they were busy but at least one of the staff could have kept his eye on the room we were in. Don't think we'll be back.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

Ate here on Friday night, a regular date in our diaries. The food was as good as ever. The staff or so friendly and helpful. We consider the best Indian food in the area and for miles around. You try it and you won't be disapponted. We never are.