“Enjoyable stay at Premier Inn Harrow”

Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Harrow
Lancashire England
“Enjoyable stay at Premier Inn Harrow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Travelled down to Wembley to see a Rugby Union match and decided to stay at the Premier Inn in Harrow because of the value for this hotel. It was a good choice as it was only short walk to Northwick Park tube station which only took 5 - 10 minutes to get to Wembley. The staff at Premier Inn were friendly and accommodating as we arrived early and was able to check in early, The Beefeater Restaurant is a good place to have breakfast and dinner and serves good food. There is not much choice of other restaurants in the area as they are mainly foreign takaways. You may need ear plugs if you have a room at the rear of the hotel as the train line is very noisy

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Clarissa16

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Greek first
Cardiff, Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed one night as we were attending an event locally the following morning. The room was usual Premier Inn type (very comfortable bed!) It was a long trek down corridors and up three flights of stairs (I think) with no lift - we were offered a room lower down but thought upstairs might be quieter judging by others' comments, and in fact we did not hear much noise at nigh once the traffic on the busy road had tailed off. It is very close to a railway line but our room did not face it. There is ample car parking - the car park full of warnings about car crime, so presumably this is a problem, but nothing happened to our car. All arrangements including booking very efficient. Food in the adjacent Beefeater was also fine for our purposes, friendly staff

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Evesham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my family on a Friday and Saturday night in December 2011 for a weekend trip to London to see The Lion King. Having searched all of the more central hotels for a decent rate we booked 'Harrow' for £39 a night. Living in the Worcsetershire and travelling down the M40 this is an ideal location, just 20 mins off the A40 with a free car park where we could leave the car and our bags all day on Sunday whilst we went back into town. Kenton tube station is just across the road, as is a Sainsburys supermarket which is ideal for topping up on nibbles. Kenton tube station, on the Bakerloo line, is just 40 minutes from Picadilly Circus, Charing Cross and theatreland with no changes.

The hotel is a fairly average Premier Inn. As with most Premier Inn's the rooms accommodate 4 reasonably well, the beds are comfy and the bathroom has a great shower. The staff were polite and helpful. We were lucky to have a room facing the car park on the opposite side of the hotel from the railway line but could hear the trains going past on the West Coast Main Line when the window was open.

Breakfast was pretty good, except the coffee which was served in thermos jugs. It was supposed to be Costa Coffee but tasted more like instant. The 2 staff on duty were run off their feet but coped well. One told me that they had lots of people turning up for breakfast who hadn't booked so they had no idea how many to expect. I was guilty of that because Premier Inn take your money for the breakfast when you book the room without offering any discount or ability to cancel if you change your mind. Not pre-booking allows me to turn up and pay on the day. If I decide not to have breakfast I haven't lost my money. Similarly if for any reason I cannot make the trip I haven't lost the cost of breakfast as well as the cost of the room.

Suggestion to Kelly Latham from Social Media at Premier Inn: rather than cutting and pasting bland generic responses to reviewers who have genuine complaints and suggestions perhaps you could propose offering a discount and/or cancellation option for pre-booking breakfast . Sorry to get on my soapbox but if Premier Inn are going to respond to reviews the least they can do is address the specific comments made.

So all in all an average Premier Inn in a convenient place at a good price. I wouldn't have stayed here if I could have stayed closer to Central London for the same money but I couldn't. Having said that I would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

This hotel was described as having possible noise from the railway station across the road but the noise problem comes from the track running along side of the hotel. If you have to stay here do not stay in rooms 122 or 123 or any adjacent rooms as the noise and vibration from the trains is quite bad till they stop at midnight but then they start again at about 3 in the morning. This hotel might well suit a train spotter but not somebody who has to get up to go to work rested.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 0121raymond
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a relaxed stay in a comfortable environment and I apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Hotel has all the plus points I like about Premier Inn however, this was the noisiest one I've stayed at. Noisy bathroom extractor and it's located very near an Underground station which meant hearing trains going past and rattling bed a little. Staff were brilliant - my room was in the annexe building and I didn't relish walking in snow and ice to get to reception and the chap on duty offered to bring it for me. Breakfast selection available was a good range, but veggie sausages were rock hard. Flow of shower water was a little weak - I like a power shower! Would be good if there was a smoking point for smokers to avoid them smoking outside door of annexe. All in all the external things did mar my stay a little but the things Premier Inn do well were done very well. I'd stay again if I had to as I now know what to expect.

Room Tip: **Kenton Road is long - my SatNav showed 15 Carlton Avenue, Harrow, HA3 8 in the car park. **Don...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank luvtoflydubai
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Great Britain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stay often at Premier Inn hotels and this is by far the worst.
Lousy position and hard to get into. Noisy inside and out. Unfriendly and unprofessional.
Room was tired and freezing; too cold to even shower. The annexe front door was continuously left open therefore unsafe.
Worst hotel in the chain.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank misterhyde
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

This hotel is located in an area of London where no 4 or 5 star hotels are there. So among the 3 star hotels, I guess this is one of the few true 3 star hotel. First regarding location, it is very good, just 2 minutes walking from Kenton tube station where you can be connected to any part London! Price is very reasonable.
Most of the reception staff where smiling and really helpful. Only one was not really smiling. The room which I got was really excellent. Very well furnished and spacious. I really liked it compared to other same level hotels in that area. There is no fridge in the room.
I would recommend it to any visitor to that part of London.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ahmed D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrow
5.2 km away
Crescent Hotel
#5 of 8 in Harrow
3.6 km away
Novotel London Wembley

Been to Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel? Share your experiences!