“One of my favourite eating places”

Elephant Royale Gants Hill
Ranked #67 of 288 Restaurants in Ilford
Price range: US$46 - US$59
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2017

This is one of our favorite eating places. Great for a family lunch and the Sunday buffet is the best ever. Only 16 pounds and plenty to chose from. A bit disappointing for vegetarians now though, they used to provide a whole 'mini-buffet' plate for each veggie, but now that has reduced to picking one main option from the menu and making do with the (very few) veggie items on the main buffet. That aside though, it is still a great place to eat lunch and has the most wonderful staff. Look out for the friendliest Thai-Jamaican who will welcome you with open arms if you are from Kingston!

Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

I visited this place approximately two to three months ago with my friends. The food and service were good, but I was left bitterly disappointed when I was told that their vegetarian food was fried in the same oil the meat and seafood etc is fried in. In my opinion, this restaurant is not vegetarian friendly and unfortunately me and my friends won't be going there again.

Reviewed May 5, 2017

A first time visit to this restaurant on a quiet weekday evening. The service was very good, the food freshly prepared and well presented. The mixed platter of starters is a good choice to get an idea of the quality of their food. Our main courses were a real delight: spicy but not overpowering and plentiful. I would certainly recommend seeking out this place - very near the main roundabout at Gants Hill. The place is quite large, so I expect there are times when it must get very busy: but we enjoyed a quiet time. Thank you.

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

We've tried the buffet for the first time here even though we've visited this restaurant several times. There were decent number of starters and limited main courses but the quality of the food was really good and as always the deserts are the best...

3  Thank Karthik S
Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

An hour late the Food turned up stone cold and soggy, beef tasted like chemicals, sweet and sour chicken tasted like it was made last week, the pineapple was acidic as example. The management weren't interested despite us being loyal customers, were quite rude so they have lost out business now forever.

1  Thank Ben S