“Chicken Kofta, salad ad Couscous for lunch”
Review of No 1 Lale

No 1 Lale
Ranked #36 of 291 Restaurants in Ilford
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Description: Specialising in traditional Turkish cuisine, you will find a variety of delicious Anatolian dishes in an ambient setting perfect for special occasions or daily dining.
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Fresh food at good price, clean and friendly restaurant. Try the Salmon or Hulumi salads as well, all good. Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

We went here just before Ramadan, have driven past this so many times and an elderly lady would always wave as we drove past if we caught her eye. So we thought we would pop on one day.

It was for dinner and we ordered a mixed grill (as usual) with tap water. The customary salad and bread (maybe yogurt) was served- very nice. The main came quite quick and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Proves wise its better than a few others in Ilford.

We met the elderly Turkish lady, she sat with us, chatted for a while and was playing with our baby. The waitress was friendly and the chefs behind the grill engage in conversation as they worked away. Our son kept running around and ladies were happy to pick him up and play with him.

Very clean and lovely staff. The food was really nice. Lovely mixed grill,not too much rice and enough meet for the 2 of us, so a definite place to go back to. It's not far from our place. They even deliver within a 2 mile radius (+£2). Price is reasonable.

We really enjoyed our visit and they even gave us a free Turkish rice pudding as a takeaway - a really nice touch.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

I ordered a mixed grill with rice and chicken shish with rice on justeat on a Sunday evening. I ordered at about 9pm and asked for delivery asap and was informed my delivery time would be 10.05. I was surprised that it would take that long but thought perhaps that is a good sign indicating they are busy and that the food would be freshly cooked as the restaurant is just a 5 min drive down the road.
The delivery driver was polite and arrived at about 10pm. Food was still hot and came in good portion sizes. We enjoyed both meals and thought the food we got would be enough for 3 people (we spent £20). The food came with 2 sauces and several pieces of bread (like naan) and salad.
Really enjoyed and would order again although I think the prices could be just slightly lower to make me order often.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 23, 2017

My friend and I came here for sunday lunch. I ordered the grilled seabass with rice and salad and she had the lamucun. There was aslo complimentary bread and 3 dipping sauces. It was delicious! My friend who had tried the other turkish restaurants in the area said the lamucun was the best she has had in a while. The portion size of my seabass and rice dish was big and I was stuffed by the end if it. The lady serving us was so lovely! There were even free sweets when we were paying our bill!

I wiuld highly recommend this restaurant for the attention and service, food and very affordable price.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

Authentic and fresh Turkey food. Tea and baklava on the house. Best in Ilford and reasonably priced.
Friendly service.