“Food fantastic but owner a bit of a bully”
Review of Chutney Massala

Chutney Massala
Ranked #4 of 103 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Cuisines: Indian
Description: We are an authentic Indian takeaway with a fully open plan kitchen; we also provide outside catering.
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I will get take aways from CM pretty regularly and I have to say we’ve never be disappointed with any of the dishes we’ve had.

I have two issues one has been mentioned before - the business only takes cash and will send you on your merry way across the road to a cash point. I can’t think of any good reason for a business to not take cash and it’s not ideal if you are using a credit rather than debit card.

Second issue - the owner is clearly a bit of a bully. I witness him pretty much square up aggressively to the young guy who was front of house. I witness the reason why the owner was annoyed basically deciding he’d be spoken back to (he hadn’t really) and his attempt to intimidate the poor guy. Pretty much telling him if ‘he don’t like it he can go get another job’.

Anyways il be back as the foods great but hopefully the owner reads these and decides to shake off the chip on his shoulder

1  Thank alexangelo83

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

I order my takeout last night half chicken tandoori, boiled rice (given pilau rice) and jelfarazi sauces, when i open the container it wasn’t jelferazi and contained few onions, 2 piece of green pepper and most shocking is the AMOUNT OF FOOD COLOURING THEY ADD IN IT! At first i thought its the chilli paste so I ate by my fingers and the stains remained on my fingers pretty red. Being a chef adding edible colouring chemical in cooking is totally UNHEALTHY! The chicken taste slightly weird textures, i ate partly of the chicken leg and couldn’t finish it but i just had rice, not long after i finish me dinner i had grumbles in my belly and it went through me fast! So Loo for nearly 1 hour!
I would NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE to any of my reader due to lacked of authenticity,cheap and low quality source of supplier! Go somewhere else if you are keen on what you eat!

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Asked if what I asked for was vegan friendly to hear the response "don't worry about it" assuming that it was... Only to find out on a later date that my previous choices contained milk and anima fat. Not a huge deal to me but angry at the fact they lied to get a sale, I could have had an allergy or condition.

Food was bland, nothing even special

Reviewed July 8, 2018

I've been spoilt by very good indian take-aways. This place is ok. They use a red tomato base for Jalfrezi, which I am not not that keen on. Also, the Naan bread is very doughy, and a bit taste-less. Overall our meals have been ok, but just not great.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

I called in and ordered a takeaway over the counter.
I tailored my order to the amount of cash I had on me.
When my order was ready and I came to pay I was told it was more than the menu prices.
When I questioned this it seemed to really upset the guy and he barked at me "it's because you are having king prawns" I explained I only had the correct amount that was stated on the menu and I was quickly and rudely told I needed to go across the road to use a cash machine. (nice)

I said OK and left the shop, I thought to myself this guy is ripping me off and taking the mick, so I got in my car and went somewhere else,

I found the whole experience very unpleasant and I am still a bit puzzled why any business would act in this way. I suppose it's just his nature and he cant help swindling what he sees a willing victims. Cash only too.

1  Thank BrendanSMartin