“Good pub”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rochdale
The Flying Horse Hotel
Ranked #7 of 14 Rochdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Flying Horse set in Rochdales marvellous Town Hall square. A real ale pub and decent draught cider. A real log fire friendly locals good foid menu and live bands at weekends. Good prices from £2.30 a pint

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Fab place great staff friendly environment plus they have rooms if you need them highly recommend a visit if you are in Rochdale and fantastic food menu don't miss out on a great pub with live bands on a weekend

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Went to the Flying horse for a mid week lunch with my elderly father. My brother had told me that the menu was ok. I had the homemade meat and potato pie, my father had the cheese and onion. Both meals looked fine but lacked any semblance of taste. I had to put brown sauce on my pie, something I wouldn’t usually do, but it was tasteless without it. The service though was efficient and pleasant. The pub itself seemed a bit dark and had a mixed clientele. Wont be visiting for food again in a hurry.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Visited The Flying Horse Hotel to have food. Friendly welcome from bar staff. The food was well presented and very tasty, we all had a very enjoyable meal. Would certainly call again. Can also recommend the cappuccino stout if you like stout it's lush.☺

Room Tip: As we only had a meal , can't comment on the accommodation, however we would consider in the fut...
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights and 5 days with my children i paid 140 pounds for the family room and there was no breakfast no kettle/mugs i felt like a nuisance for asking for a cup of tea!My kids were very hungry in the morning and I asked if we could possibly get something to eat earlier than the opening time but was simply sneered at,There was no towels no hairdryer the cleaner only emptied the bin and the staff could barely look at us whenever we passed them.I would not go back there I would not recommend the place and i gave a star rating because this site would not let me give no rating!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank shannon m
BooBooMag, Owner at The Flying Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hi There,

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry your stay was not what you thought it would be however we did say when you booked in its not really a family friendly hotel, we are geared up for contractors whom leave very early so dont require breakfasts....or hair dryers.

It does state on the website we dont have tea, coffee or breakfast facilities and we cant open a kitchen early if the chefs are not in.
We are in a town centre with many cafes and breakfast serving bars and restaurants so its easy to get something just a minutes walk away.

Im not sure about the sneers as having spoken with my staff they said you where lovely and they had many conversations with you on the corridors.

Can I ask why you never brought any of these issues during your stay?

Lastly £35 a night or £11.66 per person per night is not a great deal of money, we have these low prices as the rooms need modernising and its bed only.

Regards
Ben

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We visited on Saturday for a late afternoon drink, service was a bit slow even though it wasn't busy but the atmosphere is lovely, location is central if you want to start here for a pub crawl or go on for food. We didn't eat here this time but we have in the past and it's reasonable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2017

I can't comment on this establishment as a hotel as my colleague and I visited it as it is a noted pub that has excellent beer, and is in the Good Beer Guide published by CAMRA. It didn't disappoint.

The beer was excellent with a huge choice. The staff were friendly and very helpful, and they enhanced our experience. The seating is comfortable and there are some nice quiet areas where quiet conversations can be had.

The building is wonderful and is located near the imposing Town Hall. So why not 5 stars? The food quite simply. There is a good choice and it is competitively priced. My colleague enjoyed his gammon but my steak was tough and the trimmings average. My colleague eats there regularly and reckons I was just unlucky and I would bow to his local knowledge and give 4.5 stars if I could but I have given 4 as I think they could improve the food. Everything else is just perfect and the next time I am in Rochdale I will stay there and report on the hotel facilities.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends