See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 5, 2018

Room nicely set up - including a full set of cutlery, which made having fish & chips for dinner easier. The only misunderstanding was about method of payment. Having reserved using my creditcard, I was not aware that cash was required to pay on departure and did not have enough on me. The proprietress called me at work to sort out payment and was miffed that I hadn't immediately thought to offer my debitcard before I left. (I had only mentioned where I was working in passing so her phone call was a shock, as was her tone.)

Breakfast was good, room nice, the misunderstanding was unfortunate and could have been avoided had the terms been made clear earlier - when booking, for example.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank HelenaW306
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Overnight stay. lovely warm cosy tastefully decorated. pleasant welcome from lovely landlady. unable to take breakfast due to early leave so she insisted on making me a sandwich with a banana crisps yogurt. Will definitely stay again. Would like a few more milk pods in room but if I'd asked I'm sure she would have obliged.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank StephanieP4128
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Pet friendly Bed and Breakfast accommodation near to good local walks for a lively springer spaniel. The owner is very friendly and although the breakfast had the standard English delicacy of tinned tomatoes, she was quick enough to pick up that they maybe to the taste of a Scotsman. My wife enjoyed the scrambled eggs and we will be back to stay soon.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Milliespringer
Reviewed August 4, 2017

My friend and I had an enjoyable stay here. The room, while cozy, was well appointed and well sited for dining options. The owner was incredibly friendly and went out of her way to help us. Recommended.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank steve t
Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

I stayed with my partner to attend funeral of my parents. Chris was warm and welcoming. Our room was beautiful overlooking the back garden.Clean , well equipped, very comfortable bed. Chris was accommodating, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. This place is a little gem on Hollingworth Lake and now I no longer have my parents house to stay at when I go home I will definitely use Chris's gorgeous Bed and Breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2017