All reviews town centre full english night porter quiet location wedding party would stay again beans double room tea and coffee rosedale bw cctv
Reviewed August 15, 2018

Well I booked this Hotel through Booking.cm for a weekend away with my Fiance for a Birthday treat in September 2018 but somehow Booking.com got us booked in as 1 guest only (for which I presume there is a single occupancy fee added). On trying to get this corrected the Hotel wants to charge me an additional £20! Not my fault and both Booking.com and the Hotel won't budge.
So I guess I won't be staying at this Hotel out of principle as they neither seems to know what customer relations are and I feel aggrieved at an additional charge being added!

Room tip: Don't book through Booking.com!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank MurrayANDKaren
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

As with most in this chain they have turned an old building into a hotel. Modernised inside but still has an old fashioned feel about it

The place was literally dead with an empty car park and no one around

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

A good hotel, a good room, spoilt by a wedding party.
When we checked in, we were told times when the restaurant would be open. We later came to the bar, not open. When the reception got someone to serve us, they didn't have any vodka, the wedding had drunk it all. After a couple of drinks, we asked about the restaurant which was in darkness, and was told "sorry we are not doing meals tonight because of the wedding".
So now we couldn't drive after drinks, got a taxi who saved the day by taking us to an excellent Indian restaurant.
The hotel receptionist was lovely and very helpful, although misinformed.
The wedding guests congregated beneath our room window to smoke in noisy groups until 1am.
What a shambles.
Very comfortable bed though.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bobscutt
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night for business. Found the hotel clean and good value for money. The young lad serving behind the bar and serving dinner is a credit to the hotel! Absolutely superb customer service!

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed July 5, 2018

Stayed for a few weeks from December until March, two nights a week. Only one room - which did not have a bedside table was a disappointment. They couldn't maintain the special rate and that was the only reason I stopped going. Breakfast good. Food available on an evening but my budget was extremely tight so I wasn't able to treat myself. I did see other guests using the restaurant so it must be good.

Room tip: All rooms good - only one on the top floor did not have a bedside table
Date of stay: March 2018