All reviews motel style train station bath shower overnight stop short stay would stay again nice stay nice room excellent breakfast tea and coffee twin room full english yogurt liverpool freeview stopover ensuite
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

We booked our stay a couple of hours before checking in, I didn't know what to expect as my husband booked and it was just a crash pad after attending a birthday party.

For the money it's fine, if your expecting decent mattresses and a really nice room then your heading to the wrong place, but it is what it is, basic, but clean and the staff are lovely.

When we arrived I thought we'd end up getting a taxi home! Our room was right next to the fire exit stairs, just after we'd got in we could hear a few people going upstairs and it was pretty noisy, but after that it was really quiet. I got into bed and you could tell it had been well used! You could feel a lot of springs, but I managed to sleep and I really struggle in most hotels.

The curtains were black out so I didn't wake early and we weren't disturbed, check out is at 12pm which is great if you have been out the night before! We went down for breakfast and the restaurant is modern and has a nice feel to it, we were treated by a lovely lady and she took our breakfast order. The food was great!

This is a budget hotel, it doesn't make any claims to be amazing, but if you want cheap, cheerful and good customer service, it's great.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

Went for 2 nights with my partner to visit son daughter inlaw and grandkids stayed here as they dont have room for us to stay with them normally stay at travel lodge or holiday inn but couldnt so stayed here well happy with the result staff very helpful and pleasant nice room a bit dated but was only sleeping there so no problem bed was a bit soft but managed quite well to sleep closed curtain woke up at 8 thought it was still about 4 am room was so dark breakfast was beautiful as was evening meal nice pint aswell will definitely be returning here now in the future to stay dont mind driving into ellesmere port from here with the service we received the past 2 days only downside we had is only 1 socket in bedroom which with 2 smartphones and a tablet is not enough just know to take extension bar next time now

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jennie C, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Dear Andrew David J

I am so pleased that you had such a great stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and for your kind feedback.

The team have seen your review and are as pleased as I am to learn of your satisfaction and we all look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Booked this Campanile very last minute whilst travelling from Stonehenge back to Scotland.

The accommodation is 'tired' and the mattress not very comfy, but the room and ensuite had everything we needed and was very clean. We had upgraded the inclusive breakfast on booking, to both continental and cooked, and the quality of the food was excellent. There was plenty of choice within a relaxing atmosphere, and the member of staff was very friendly and helpful.

We had stayed in a Campanile (Glasgow) on a previous occasion, and will certainly be looking out for this chain on future forays South. Great value for money.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear bagpuss_linda,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Well, giving extra star for staying close to our auntie. Dog was allowed, which was extra bonus.the staff was absolutely fine. Feeling guilty to give poor review but the fact that was it seems a very basic , dated room with stains all over the carpet. Linen was clean though. No sound proof so dog was reacting to noise outside, never had a hotel door that opened straight on the the ...Car park. Room itself felt like a hospital, except not quite as sterile. Bars for disabled people in bathroom.
Would say only for use in emergency if you only have a short time to book and everywhere else is full.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Adi B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us, I am sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your stay with us and for this please accept my apologies.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

Unless you expect to pay middle of the range prices for sub standard accommodation I cannot recommend this place. The French company should be ashamed , putting their name to this scruffy and unkempt poor excuse for a winos hostel. I felt sorry for the staff, who were friendly. The breakfast, which I was dreading , actually was fine and the Full English was cooked to order also another compliment, the cutlery was spotless. Sadly though the impression I got, was of a place being run into the ground before closing. Only stayed one night, never again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Jennie C, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Richard A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I have passed your compliments onto my team.

If you would like to discuss any of the matters raised in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me: manager.runcorn@campanile.com.

Kind Regards,