All reviews motel style train station bath shower overnight stop booked rooms free car park short stay nice room would stay again tea and coffee twin room yogurt liverpool shutters freeview stopover heating
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Stayed while working in the area, my room had not been cleaned properly, please look at my toilet photo, 2 nights my room was not cleaned at all, had to phone reception to ask for towels, tea, coffee and milk 3 hours later they arrived, the bed was terrible, i could feel every spring in the mattress, the hotel food was ok but the area smelt really strong of dirty oil, and the 1 pint i had with my meal was sent back 3 times because it was flat, the only good thing about this hotel is that its close to the town centre and railway station, i hope work never send me to this place again

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank nickfromstoke
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Stayed at the Runcorn Campanile as looking for an affordable overnight stay close to chester. (30 mins by car). Booked via Booking.com .
4 family members across 3 rooms.
Easy check in. Rooms need a lot of TLC. Overall reasonably clean but walls showing a lot of wear and tear particularly where doors bang into them. The 2 double beds were very soft. The twin room (15) one bed was reasonably firm the other very soft and felt as if something was broken in the base.
Basic accommodation with bath/shower and TV and hanging rails. Coffee and kettle in room. (paper cups ).
WIFI free for first 20 mins then buy voucher (£8 for 24 hrs) WIFI free if booked direct with Camponile)
Onsite cafe style restaurant. With basic cafe type food. Service good with food cooked to order so hot and OK.
Cannot fault breakfast in morning, Breakfast was superb,. usual suspects, juices, cereals, croissants, crumpets, toast and hot food cooked to order so better than the kept hot under hot lamps used by many (more expensive) hotels.
Coffee by a bean to cup machine so reasonable.
On flight path to John Lennon airport so some aircraft noise.
Overall would I stay again. Probably if only needed overnight. .
Expensive for what we paid but that is the nature of hotels and any accommodation in the holiday season.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Jennie C, Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear Rob

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Campanile Runcorn. For future reference, if you buy wifi directly from reception it is only £3 for 24 hours, alternatively, book direct and it is complimentary. The price ranges are unfortunately out of our control. Thank you for noticing the hardwork our team put in to every aspect of their role, this is something we pride ourselves on. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

John Marsh
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

When we arrived it took us time to check in which is also the restaurant and bar area. We were g8ven our key and they tried to charge us £3 for Wi-Fi. The room was filthy.. bath was dirty, sides were dirty, mirror and window was dirty. Curtain was dirty and full of holes. The lamp had brown marks all over it. Coffee/tea area.. paper cups and milk was off. We went down to ask for a cloth so we could clean it ourselves. We was told we couldn't take any cleaning fluid in case we drank it. Luckily my friend had a small bottle of detol in her bag. We returned the cloth after cleaning the room which was full of grime. The manager wouldn't even look at us when we gave it to them. It was a warm day and we could only open a window what which meant having to leave the front door open while we got ready.

We had seen the state of the cooking area in the restaurant (again filthy) and couldn't face eating in there. Which meant skipping breakfast there the next morning.
Don't use these rooms.. It reminded us of a DSS homeless hostel and a scene from the film Psycho!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank nikki_hatwell

Dear Nikki,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Campanile Runcorn. We are terribly sorry about the issues you encountered during your stay here with us. At the time of your stay, I myself offered to come and clean the room for you or transfer you to another room, as it is against our health and safety policy to give untrained persons cleaning products, and unfortunately this is out of our control and not subject to change. We are sorry about the misunderstanding there was about this policy, the phrase 'in case you drank it' was never used, and we would never use that in our professional capacity, or expect a guest to need to clean their own room. In regards to the state of the kitchen, just so you are aware, we are a 5 star health rated kitchen, and this is routinely checked so that we can maintain our high standards, which is often pointed out by many other guests who use the restaurant, however we are sorry that this was your interpretation of the establishment.

John Marsh
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for the night last night as went to Chester Zoo and the staff at reception were very welcoming explaining everything we needed to know eg, when reception closes and opens. The rooms could of been a bit more updated and some paintwork needed but apart from that the room itself such as the queen bedroom was nice and cosy. I believe the kettles could be updated as I tried to make myself a coffee and had to throw my coffee away as it tasted like limescale which was the only shame. Had breakfast included in the stay and it was lovely! Continental breakfast and cooked was on offer and the food tasted nice and the waitresses were very friendly asking regularly if everything was okay. Great coffee machine with lots of offers especially loved the creamy hot chocolate option. Overall this is a nice place to stay if you need somewhere to have bed and breakfast for a night or two.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Jennie C, Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at Campanile Hotel Runcorn.

Thank you for your kind feedback for my Team, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent service. I am happy to read you enjoyed our breakfast.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

John

Reviewed June 17, 2018

Met my now wife at this hotel and decided to return for our wedding night. Very clean and staff are wonderful staff are allways happy to help and it really was a wonderful decision to return, we might even return for our anniversaries

Room Tip: Everything you need
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Campanile.com - Louvre Hotels Group
Jennie C, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

I am so pleased that you had such a great stay with us and chose to return to us on such a special day. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and for your kind feedback.

The team have seen your review and are as pleased as I am to learn of your satisfaction and we all look forward to seeing you again.