Holiday Inn Runcorn
  • Pool
US$69
US$79
PremierInn.com
All reviewsnational holidaysexecutive roomcoach partiescoach trippool and gymbreakfast staffnice staywould stay againstayed here for one nightevening mealcomfy bedbreakfast was excellentcar parkself servicechester zoofull englishcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2012

With a midnight flight arriving at Liverpool Airport we didn't fancy the long drive home and after a search on the Internet we selected the Holiday Inn.

Good points, clean, warm, quality breakfast and cracking value for money at £45.00 a night including breakfast for two.

Bad point, complete muppets in the room who made too much noise at two in the morning which carried thro the connecting door between the two rooms.

Buffet breakfast made up for the poor nights sleep, quality bacon and sausages went down a treat!

• Stayed: March 2012
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Njh131
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel clean, the breakfast of good quality and the stay good value for money. I am sorry to hear that the guests in the next room disturbed your sleep. This is an issue that our Nights team look for on their numerous inspections of the hotel throughout the night. However, sadly these incidents are sometimes missed.
If you are ever passing the area, I do hope you would consider booking with us again.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Experienced a warm and friendly greeting by the receptionist, nothing was rushed.
Bar food and breakfast choice was fantastic. Everywhere nice and clean, bar and restaurant staff worked very hard and should be rewarded as they had nothing but smiles on them.
I didnt use the leisure centre as was too tired after travelling but if I stayed here again I would definitely use it.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear robborobson,

We appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding your stay here, your comments will be passed on at our monthly guest satisfaction meeting and I am happy that you had an enjoyable experience during your visit.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed for one night with friends and had a really nice stay. The rooms are a reasonable size, comfortable and clean. The hotel itself is modern and has all the amenities you would need.

The most obvious thing I noticed was how friendly and approachable all the staff were. It was a pleasant change to be regularly greeted by all staff.

Dinner was great. Good quality food, efficient service and not expensive. No complaints at all with this hotel, in fact I enjoyed it so much I have booked a private party in October.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Hillpudlian
I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience during your visit and that you found the staff friendly and approachable. I look forward to welcoming you back in October for your private function.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Having taken the trouble to book our family Christmas lunch at the Hotel - arriving at 2pm - following late service of starters and soup course - when the family went to the Buffet for their dinner - there was no Turkey - the vegetable choice was extremely poor - and then the lights were switched off. The meal had been paid for in advance - something I will never do anywhere again as the Hotel have refused to return our payment - they have offered non-financial compensation - but I refuse to pay for poor service. Extremely poor response from a once fabulous hotel! Never again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear fianbiuk
We are extremely disappointed that following our numerous communications with you since Christmas we have been unable to reach a satisfactory conclusion to this matter.
During our investigations we took the opportunity to contact all diners including those who dined with us during the final sittings at around 2.30pm. As we have maintained all along, we did not run out of Turkey on the day.
As you are aware we offered you a choice of goodwill gesture in an attempt to bring the matter to a close. While the dates have now past we are happy to leave our offer open until the end of 2012.
We sincerely hope you will re-consider our offer.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed here as part of a group and can honestly find nothing good to say about it apart from Craig and Karin on the bar they were fantastic! Food was cold undercooked and took 1hr and 20 mins to be served a drink with dinner took 15 mins, definatly wouldn't stay or recommend to anyone again! The only positive was leaving

• Stayed: February 2012
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Dear Craig2908,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am sorry to hear that there where certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular your dining experience, I will be discussing this issue with our Head Chef at today’s management meeting.
I am delighted that you found Craig and Karin to be fantastic and will be passing your praise onto them both.
We really do appreciate all comments both positive and negative as without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do.
Yours Sincerely