“Wedding venue” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Runcorn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Runcorn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Wedding venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

My Wedding was held at the Holiday Inn Runcorn on 25/02/12- What a fantastic day this was. The hotel did a fabulous job helping organise my special day. Everything run smoothly on the day and was made stress free, this was down to the hard work that all the staff had put into. The food was lovely and I was very pleased that my guest all enjoyed our wedding breakfast and commented on how nice the food was. Myself, family and friends all had a brilliant day and this is all down to the staff at the hotel.

The cleanest of the hotel was to a very high standard and this reflected on my wedding day. The rooms were clean and available to all guest checking in on time, again I couldn't fault anything :).

Sally Jones the event specialist was always willing to help and always had a friendly approach, I was very confident in the work she does. All members of staff had a professional and friendly approach which is always a bonus. I paid for a service that I was provided and I am extremely happy. I have and would recommend any parties/wedding at the Holiday Inn-Runcorn. I couldn't of asked for anything more.

Sorry I can add photos at a later date :)

Melissa

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear Melissa,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am delighted to hear that you found the staff professional and friendly and also that your confidence in the team allowed you to enjoy a stress free day.
All team members who worked on your special day, in particular Sally will be recognised for their hard work and dedication in ensuring that the service provided was of the highest standards.
Vincent Garrington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

With a midnight flight arriving at Liverpool Airport we didn't fancy the long drive home and after a search on the Internet we selected the Holiday Inn.

Good points, clean, warm, quality breakfast and cracking value for money at £45.00 a night including breakfast for two.

Bad point, complete muppets in the room who made too much noise at two in the morning which carried thro the connecting door between the two rooms.

Buffet breakfast made up for the poor nights sleep, quality bacon and sausages went down a treat!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Njh131
I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel clean, the breakfast of good quality and the stay good value for money. I am sorry to hear that the guests in the next room disturbed your sleep. This is an issue that our Nights team look for on their numerous inspections of the hotel throughout the night. However, sadly these incidents are sometimes missed.
If you are ever passing the area, I do hope you would consider booking with us again.
Coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Experienced a warm and friendly greeting by the receptionist, nothing was rushed.
Bar food and breakfast choice was fantastic. Everywhere nice and clean, bar and restaurant staff worked very hard and should be rewarded as they had nothing but smiles on them.
I didnt use the leisure centre as was too tired after travelling but if I stayed here again I would definitely use it.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear robborobson,

We appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding your stay here, your comments will be passed on at our monthly guest satisfaction meeting and I am happy that you had an enjoyable experience during your visit.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Hagley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed for one night with friends and had a really nice stay. The rooms are a reasonable size, comfortable and clean. The hotel itself is modern and has all the amenities you would need.

The most obvious thing I noticed was how friendly and approachable all the staff were. It was a pleasant change to be regularly greeted by all staff.

Dinner was great. Good quality food, efficient service and not expensive. No complaints at all with this hotel, in fact I enjoyed it so much I have booked a private party in October.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Hillpudlian
I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience during your visit and that you found the staff friendly and approachable. I look forward to welcoming you back in October for your private function.
ScouserinCrete
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Having taken the trouble to book our family Christmas lunch at the Hotel - arriving at 2pm - following late service of starters and soup course - when the family went to the Buffet for their dinner - there was no Turkey - the vegetable choice was extremely poor - and then the lights were switched off. The meal had been paid for in advance - something I will never do anywhere again as the Hotel have refused to return our payment - they have offered non-financial compensation - but I refuse to pay for poor service. Extremely poor response from a once fabulous hotel! Never again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear fianbiuk
We are extremely disappointed that following our numerous communications with you since Christmas we have been unable to reach a satisfactory conclusion to this matter.
During our investigations we took the opportunity to contact all diners including those who dined with us during the final sittings at around 2.30pm. As we have maintained all along, we did not run out of Turkey on the day.
As you are aware we offered you a choice of goodwill gesture in an attempt to bring the matter to a close. While the dates have now past we are happy to leave our offer open until the end of 2012.
We sincerely hope you will re-consider our offer.
Vincent Garrington

Travellers are raving about these Runcorn hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed here as part of a group and can honestly find nothing good to say about it apart from Craig and Karin on the bar they were fantastic! Food was cold undercooked and took 1hr and 20 mins to be served a drink with dinner took 15 mins, definatly wouldn't stay or recommend to anyone again! The only positive was leaving

• Stayed February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear Craig2908,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am sorry to hear that there where certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular your dining experience, I will be discussing this issue with our Head Chef at today’s management meeting.
I am delighted that you found Craig and Karin to be fantastic and will be passing your praise onto them both.
We really do appreciate all comments both positive and negative as without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do.
Yours Sincerely
Chester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

we held a party for friends, two weeks later my wife and i had booked in for a valentines dinner, but had to cancell on the day. One of our friends has left us some gifts to be put in our room. as we did not attend these giftes went missing. first staff said the gifts were not left, yet with cctv we proved they had been delivered, then one of the staff told our friend they had eaten the chocolates but did not know what had happened to the wine. the hotel did nothing to replace the gifts or to compensate. would not trust the hotel

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RAY W
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear RayW
I would like to start by expressing how truly appauled I am after reading your review regarding your experience with us. I have been the General Manager here now for four months and as this incident was just under 12 months ago now and I am finding it a little difficult to investigate. Would it be possible for you to call my PA Donna Albiston on 01928 754850 and offer some more information in order for us to conduct a full investigation.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Vincent Garrington
Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
3.4 km away
3.0 km away
The Old Hall Hotel
The Old Hall Hotel
#2 of 3 in Frodsham

Been to Holiday Inn Runcorn? Share your experiences!