“Cosy and comfortable stay with great breakfast!”

Holiday Inn Runcorn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Singapore
“Cosy and comfortable stay with great breakfast!”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stayed here on a business trip for about 8 nights. The room was quite small with limited walking space but it was cosy and the bed was really comfortable, which makes you want to cuddle under the thick, fluffy covers in the mornings. My room had a view of the backyard garden and you could see wild rabbits, birds and ducks playing about in the mornings, which was a real treat for the senses.

The breakfast was awesome! Buffet style with a wide variety of toast, cereal, hot english breakfast, pancake machine, fruits and fresh juices.

I would like to give special thanks to hotel staff Craig. He served us at the reception, restaurant and bar, always with a mega smile. He was prompt in his service and eager to help us in our requests, which made our stay fuss-free. Thanks Craig! =)

Room Tip: Choose a room with a garden view of the wild animals!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Dear Nature_gal83,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
We appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding the comfort of your bed, the experience you had during our new breakfast trial and especially the personal mention to Craig. It is always a pleasure to hear that a member of the team leaves a great impression with our guests and I will ensure your special thanks are passed onto him.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Vincent Garrington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Somewhere near London
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Rooms are all clean and modern. Staff are very helpful. Gym is limited, but functional. Pool is a tad small. I stay here quite a lot. There are far worse hotels...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Allan1967,
I appreciate you taking the time to give your honest feedback and I am happy to hear that you are a returning guest. I hope during your future visits you will in fact notice some changes that we are trying out in order to improve the guest’s experience whilst staying with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed here to attend a family function in Frodsham recently. We were in a party who had all booked together, four rooms in total, yet our rooms were all on different floors and we were not staying remotely close to one another. Our room was clean and pleasant enough, though a little dated. Bed really comfy and in-room aircon meant we were as warm or as cool as we wanted. We had tea and coffee making facilities and even though we were tucked away in the basement, turns out we got lucky as it was quiet and there were bunnies outside our window.

The major disappointment came from the fact that the pool facilities were out of order. We had booked this hotel specifically because we had a young boy in our group who loves to swim. Otherwise we'd have stayed somewhere else without a pool. When I raised this point with the receptionist she said sorry, but gave me a "What do you want me to do about it?" kind of attitude. Staff otherwise pretty pleasant, did their jobs, but didn't go out of their way or anything - except the guy in the breakfast room, but more about him later.

There was also a chavvy wedding happening this weekend, and hotel was full of horrible blokes and terracotta horrors. We were being driven back to the hotel at around 2am by my boyfriend's aunt and a particularly disgusting drunken chap decided he was going to give our aunt the finger, just for driving into his eyeline in the car park. Scumbag. I know that this is not the hotel's fault, but this quite upset us.

A glass of wine from the bar will set you back the price of a bottle from the off licence. If you fancy a drink here, bring your credit card, or bring your own.

The next day, we were told by a very smart man that they were trialling some kind of new breakfast offer. It was amazing. Everything you could want for breakfast... full English buffet, cereals, pastries, toast, lots of different types of breads, and, brilliantly, a pancake making machine that made you fluffy American style pancakes at the touch of a button. It was just £10 per person. You'd be hard pressed to find this amount of choice at your average snooty boutique hotel. Unlimited fruit juices, tea and coffee topped it off. the smart man was very attentive and made sure we were never without tea. As a confirmed tea-aholic, this was marvellous for me.

You might think me a bit snooty (but I don't care) but we were impressed that a couple of terracotta horrors from the night before were kicked out of the breakfast room for coming down in their pajamas with no shoes on. Good on you, Holiday Inn!

Without this breakfast, this hotel would have received an 'average' 3-point rating from me. It was £80 for a night here, which considering I've stayed in 4/5 star boutique hotels for just £20 more, this was a bit steep. It was more of a £60 per night place.

I've only given the spa a 'terrible' rating because it was out of order. It could be marvellous for all I know. Will never know now though...

Room Tip: Ask if there's a chav wedding, then ask to stay in the room furthest away from any attendees. W...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Vicky F,
Here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are always striving to improve our customer service as we feel that it is the only way to further improve our business.
We appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding your breakfast experience and your comments will be passed on at our monthly guest satisfaction meeting.
I have also escalated the issue regarding the Leisure Club closure to both the Reservations and Reception Manager, to investigate into why this information was not passed on at the time of your booking or indeed why a courtesy call was not made advising you of the closure once we had agreed on the renovation dates. I apologise for the inconvenience you were caused and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights whilst attending a family wedding reception in the hotel with our week old baby and must say we enjoyed our stay in the hotel and had a very comfatable room and bed and enough room to fit our baby's carrycot. Breakfast was good too but the only downside was the very expensive bar prices for drinks!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank uk2010_05
Dear uk2010_05
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you found the room comfortable enough for you and your family.
I appreciate you taking the time to comment as without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Yours Sincerely

Kapellen, Belgium
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed 1 night on a business trip. Staff is friendly, dinner/breakfast is normal, nothing special. A nice bar available for a drink in the evening.
Rooms are small and a bit old, but kept well.
in short: good hotel but nothing special.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear bvnunen,
We appreciate you taking the time to give your honest feedback. There are certain aspects of the hotel like the size of the rooms that unfortunately we can not alter however staff interaction is my number one priority so I am delighted that you found the staff friendly and the rooms kept well.
London
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I only stayed one night and arrived fairly late but the experience I had (and I've been to a few HL's) was very favourable.

Telephoned in advance to make sure they served food late and was advised they serve in the bar up to 10.30pm. Check in was accompanied with a big smile and helpful advice.

Decided to eat in the bar as there was a good menu choice. Wow, what a plate of spiced chicken skewers, huge salad and pile of sweet potato chips, well cooked and about £12. All the staff I met were 1st class and this does seem to be a theme with HL from my experience.

Room was good, clean. Big TV and all the usual comforts. Will certainly stay again when in that area.

Well done..!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Roger120
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Roger120

We appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding the staff and the first class experience that you encountered. Your compliments regarding the food have been passed onto the kitchen brigade and cleanliness of your room to the Housekeeping team.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Consett, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Runcorn three nights every week between the middle of September to the end of November and enjoyed my stays. I found all the staff very friendly and helpful, The food was good with a good choice and good service who would share a laugh with you which helped when you were sitting on your own, the reception staff were only to willing to sort out any problems. On the one occasion I asked for a different room this was done without any problem and I was given an upgrade.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank William L
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear WilliamL
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor regarding your frequent visits to the hotel.
I am happy to hear that you found the staff friendly and helpful. Guest interaction is of utmost importance to us here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn as we strive to make this hotel a great hotel that guests love.
I am delighted to be passing on your compliments regarding the food to our kitchen brigade.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Vincent Garrington
Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
1.9 km away
The Old Hall Hotel
#2 of 3 in Frodsham
5.9 km away
Premier Inn Widnes Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Runcorn? Share your experiences!