All reviews the pub georgie's restaurant live entertainment harbour view separate building lovely view of the water on site restaurant one night stay enjoyable stay room was spacious spent nights cod surrounding area a great place to stay mike newfoundland pirate
Reviewed July 2, 2017

Stayed two nights clean 2 bedroom sweet with fridge & stove, Good entertainment in the pub. Nice deck to sit and have a drink and unwind watch the boats in the harbor. Lots of ice bergs in the area you can drive to see them or hike around many trails or take a boat tour we did all 3 great time

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Wilma H, Owner at Anchor Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Anchor Inn Hotel's Suites and got to enjoy all Twillingate's most popular outdoor experiences, as well as live music at Captain's Pub!

Reviewed July 1, 2017

My husband and I stayed here during a recent holiday in Newfoundland and had a pleasant experience. Check in was easy by a capable and professional employee. This hotel overlooks the harbor and even though it was June, the harbor was filled with ice! Our room was good sized, clean and comfortable with a large bathroom. At first I worried about noise from the hallway but as evening approached it wasn't a problem. The on site restaurant was very nicely set overlooking the bay and served excellent food. Our stay was very comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for reviewing your stay at the Anchor Inn Hotel and Georgie's Restaurant. Yes, seeing the harbour filled with ice in June is somewhat rare and quite a spectacular sight!

Reviewed June 30, 2017

We had a great stay at the Anchor Inn. The room was clean and well appointed. Plenty of parking and a good location. No surprises. A great restaurant and a coffee shop. Free entertainment in the pub every Night.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Wilma H, Owner at Anchor Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Anchor Inn Hotel in Twillingate! Glad to enjoyed a meal at Georgie's Restaurant and a show at Captain's Pub as well!

Reviewed June 25, 2017

Stayed here 2 nights staff where excellent food was great and entertainment in lounge was fantastic. The are has so many attractions you need 2 nights to see all in the area. We did see ice bergs here sea ice to thick for tours in June this year. GREAT spot.

Room tip: View rooms are great
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Yes, we had an unusual June with sea ice and though the boats could not navigate through, it was spectacular to see... and icebergs were visible from land!

Reviewed June 17, 2017

Was very pleased with the hotel and check in. The receptionist at the front was very pleasant and accommodating. The rooms were clean with great views of the harbour. Went to the pub and enjoyed the music and story telling of the musician and even got screeched in. Had a great time. My only complaint would be in the dining room. The food and service was less than impressive. Our server had very little knowledge and all questions that were asked were answered with a blank stare and an "I DON"T KNOW" answer. My food was bland and I sent it back and ordered a salad in it's place. However, everyone at the table was done and most all other guests were served and I still didn't have my replacement meal. I asked to speak to the manager and our server said she would go and get her. After about 5 - 10 minutes of waiting, we went to pay and talked to another server who told us that the manager had left for the evening - How convenient. I was told that they did comp my meal (which I never did get) and had no regard for my complaints. We ended going to another quaint little restaurant so that I could get something to eat.

Date of stay: May 2017