“Hidden Gem!!”
Review of The Old Store Cafe

The Old Store Cafe
Reviewed September 24, 2017

This place doesn't look like much on the outside, but the inside is cozy and inviting. The menu is limited, but they offer a new twist on traditional foods. My meal was very tasty. A great place to eat if you need a break from traditional Newfoundland cuisine.

atcanad, General Manager at The Old Store Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review Margaret!

Reviewed September 23, 2017

Don't tell my mom, but their split pea soup is better than hers.

We wandered in for a late lunch on a walk through Norris Point. Service was excellent, the staff friendly and the food was delicious. Wifi was reliable, which was nice as we were making travel arrangements.

Thank you for your review Stephanie!

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

One of the ladies at the Gros Morne visitor's centre recommended The Old Store Cafe for a great coffee and I'm glad we heeded her advice. Mom and I drove down to Norris Point which was a bit of a detour as we were headed north, but the coffee was worth the side trip. Try the Canadiana!

We will be back in the park in a couple of days, and are looking forward to another killer coffee. Mom recommends the banana bread as well.

Thank you both for your review, I'm so glad you made the trip to check us out!

Reviewed August 27, 2017

We stopped by here after visiting the Marine Centre. It was later in the afternoon, but I wanted to make a point of visiting based on all the good reviews. Too bad they are not open for dinner, we would have stayed. I had a piece of carrot cake to go, and it was delicious. I really got a chuckle out of seeing the gull sh*t muffins, they certainly have a sense of humour. I also really liked the decor and the atmosphere that they've created. I would recommend to anyone and I hope to return.

1  Thank 45DegreesNorth

Thank you for your review, so glad you stopped by!

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

We came across this cafe while travelling with a tour group. Despite a bunch of us arriving at the same time, the wait for food was short. Portions were sufficient and both the chowder and the grape quinoa salad were delicious! (All of the options on the menu sounded great and it was hard to choose!) I had blueberry tea which was hot and flavourful! One person in our party was gluten-free and there were many options for her including the delicious brownie. We went back later in the day for ice cream and were impressed by how welcoming and friendly the lady at the counter was, despite the fact that it was a few minutes to closing time. We would definitely return and recommend this cafe to others!