“Fantastic Vacation”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Fredericton, Canada
“Fantastic Vacation”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Just got back from Hotel Tryp, Cayo Coco, Cuba on March 9th, 2012. This was our 7th stay at this resort. The service is fantastic. Ricardo Gomez and Leonore from guest services looked right after us. They are so accomodating. Be friendly, treat them with respect and they can't do enough for you. One of my favorite things is to be able to tip. It makes you feel so good to help others in need and they are so appreciative. It is like going to visit family. William from the breakfast and lunch buffet is such a sweet guy. He was a wonderful waiter. Couldn't wait to see his smiling face each day. The food was fabulous. We especially liked the Barbecue Grill, the International, the Cuban and the beach front fast food restaurants. Louisa at the fast food restaurant on the beach is a dear. The main lunch and supper buffet was always spectacular. People who complain about the food should stay home. Remember you are in another country to try something different!! The rooms are a little dated but very clean. We did not go to spend time in a room!! You take your chances on the weather no matter where you go. We lucked out and had super weather the whole time! The beach is awesome and so relaxing. We did the day trip to Moron. It is worth trying. The meal at the banana plantation was awesome. We can't wait for next year! We will cetainly be back!!!! Remember your vacation is what you make it. Be positive. You are in Cuba. They can't run to the corner store when something needs fixed or replaced. Major projects take time. They are hard working people. It is a fantastic place to vacation!!

Room Tip: If you want quiet block 10 and 11 are by the smaller quiet pool. It has it's own small bar and i...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
ManagerTrypCayoCoco, Director General at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and your loyalty. It is always a pleasure to meet you here. Hope to see you soon once again.

Best regards,

Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,329)
winsford cheshire
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Just returned April 2012 from are first trip to Cuba, this hotel we found to be great value for the price we paid, where else can you get 24hr all inclusive for £1000 each. We stayed in block 7 over looking the pool and with a sea view, this hotel has plenty going on for the kids and adults during the day and even better shows in the evening on the main stage. The rooms we found them to be ok cleaned every day with bed and towel change many people write that the rooms are dated but it's Cuba so don't compere them to the best hotel you have ever stayed in they are plenty good enough for what time you spend in them, the hotel grounds,pool areas and beach are kept very tidy, would recommend this hotel to anybody holidaying in Cuba.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank mikeWinsfordCheshire
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and recommendations. It is very nice to know that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to meet you here again.

Our best regards,

suffolk
Reviewed 28 April 2012

we arrived back home to gatwick on 24th april to 6 degrees and rain, after leaving beautiful cayo coco. The Tryp hotel was clean and although the rooms abit out dated had everything in them you needed, we were in block 11 which is by the quiet pool, which was perfect. We enjoyed the buffet restaurant although we did go in alot of the the a la carte as well, our favourite being the oriental, and Abelino looked after us so well, so thank you to him, one of our party had a birthday and they provided us with a cake and had even iced happy birthday paul on it for him.There was also a wedding anniversary and again this time we were in International restaurant and another cake appeared for us. The Thomas Cook Rep Ivan we were very impressed with, he could'nt do enough for us, and was so very genuine when asking how are trips etc were. If we were to be picky we would suggest that there were more bar staff on in busy times and more seating in the lobby area, there is definately room for more ! The Pools were spotlessly clean and you had the choice of the more lively one or the quieter one, and the then that gorgeous beach and beautiful sea, we struggled to find many fish when first snorkelling till a chap pointed us in the direction of a reef opposite the picau restaurant on the beach, and once we found that it was great, we took some lovely photos of the fish and they enjoyed being fed with bread or banana. There always seemed to be alovely breeze on the beach which was most welcome. Three of our party two men and one of their teenage daughters went on 2 all day fishing trips which were a great sucess and many fish caught, they said it was organised very well and would reccommend the trip. We also done the speed boat trip which was great fun, as you drive the boats yourselves and thought it was excellent value and also done the day trip on the catamaran which was also good, you stop at 2 different places to snorkel and then anchor up near a beautiful beach where you are served lobster, fresh prawns and chicken and rice with vegetables, and obviously all the drink you want, and then you can go on the beach for an hour or swim or stay on the boat, its left up to you what you want to do, it was a great day out, so would reccommend that as well. All i all we throughly enjoyed our stay and would definately consider going back.

Room Tip: block 11 was excellent for peace and quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank gollysuffolk
Dear Guest,

It is very nice to know that you have enjoyed your stay in our Hotel. Hope to see you on your next holidays here.

Our best regards,

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2012

First of all, to all of you that leave bad reviews, please............. This is Cuba. If you go from a 5 star resort in Mexico or Punta Cana, than yes, this resort will not look too apealing. But if you go with an opened mind than you can have a blast.

The rooms are outdated but very clean. I am a clean freak and I always bring my own lysol so this coming from me means that the rooms are for real clean.

The food is good, tastes amazing and there is something for everyone, but do not go to the buffet at the end of your meal time, when they are starting to put the food away and there is nobody else in the restaureant but you and your family......... just don't.

The beach is breath taking, beautiful and clean. The people are very frendly and amazing. I love the resorts song that they dance to and this will stay with you for a long time. It took me a while to learn the moves to the song but it was worth it.

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor room. No bugs and good view.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank vacationers06
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We consider them very helpful. It is true, It is Cuba and we all do our best effort to make our guests happy with their holidays.

Wrexham, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The staff at the hotel are lovely and very professional. The manager was asking for feedback which I've never had before at any other hotel. The staff work very hard and they all seem to enjoy working there. The hotel is spotless. The rooms are o.k. they could do with a lick of paint and a new bathroom, but as we were never in the room it didnt bother us. The food is great with lots of choice includeing a oriental,italian, cuban, BBQ and the main buffett. If your going try and stick it the same row where you sit for food in the buffet as the staff get to know you and look after you. The beach is breath taking it is the cleanest most heaven beach i've ever been on, the pools at the hotel were good and didnt get too busy but then with a 5 star beach most people were down there. We went on the day trip to Moron and a sugar cane factory with a quick look in a cigar factory and a trip on a speed boat . A great day out i would recommend it. The only niggeling thing is getting served at the bar ar night they have a lot of bar stools which get in the way and because there is no queue is its pot luck how quick you get a drink. They kept running out of glasses so you get horrible plastic cups, the canadians have it right and take there own huge flasks that will hold a decent pint. we loved this hotel and will be going back

Room Tip: we were in 970 very near the beach ( u could see it ) you couldnt hear the nightclub so perfect
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Janet R
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your dedication to write your feedback here. We will take advantage of your comments for continue working hard. Thank you very much.

Shelburne
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at Tryp Cayo Coco from April 12 to April 19, 2012.

The staff were wonderful - helpful, a pleasure to talk to, and professional. It was the people at Tryp that I enjoyed most. They made our vacation perfect. The housekeeping staff, food preparation workers, host/hostesses, front desk staff, guest services, shop staff..... simply everyone. No complaints at all.

The food was excellent. With several restaurants to choose from - an extensive variety of food - something for everyone. I was very concerned about the food before arriving, as I have a serious health condition, but as it turned out, the quality of food was so good and given the variety of food to choose from, I had no problems at all. The food was delicious and fresh, and the staff, when asked, would prepare the food just as requested - and with a smile.

We enjoyed professional, talented, friendly, and beautiful entertainers who made our evenings special - the performances were great. I really enjoyed Charlie Chaplin, the choreography and the lovely costumes. Every one of the performers were so well trained. My husband and I looked forward to each evening's performance. We liked all the themes, and the children's shows were great for the kids, and adults. We really enjoyed the music. The DJ was excellent. I wish I had bought the DVD of the shows, but we ran out of time to stop by and pick one up.

The beach was great. The water is crystal clear. One day there was a lot of seaweed from rough seas and it was cleared promptly. One recommendation would be to improve the shade/coverage from the sun. There should have been more palms on the roofs of the cabanas.

Tryp is a lively place, with many activities to choose from and for you to decide what is best suited to your age, abilities and interests. I've been to many places in the world, stayed at first class accommodation to low end, and for me, Tryp is one of the best places I've vacationed for the value, and I attribute that mainly due to the staff at Tryp.

The stress melted away as the days passed.
Many thanks to all the staff at Tryp who made beautiful memories for my husband and I.

If I make it through my illness, I'll most definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in "9 Block", located a very close walk from the main atrium, pool, and stage. T...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SnowOnFire
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are glad knowing that you fully enjoyed your stay and that you are happy with the services that you received from our staff. Hope that you can visit us again.

Westville, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Returned for the second time on March29th to April12th with a group of family and friends . The resort is still beautiful . Rooms are starting to show ware but renavations have started but it takes longer in Cuba becauses of limited resources and equipment .But everything was clean and the maids and cleaning staff work hard . Regarding tips don't forget the cleaning staff inthe beach resturant. One day I witnessed one helping an elderly lady( who was quite upset about soiling herself ) with such compassion I was very touched . A few days later I gave here a tip and she was speechless later in the days as I was going to the washroom she approched me and thanked me for noticing her and how good she did her work she said it made her fell good.These people are the ones who seldom get noticed so think about tipping them sometimes . The nightly entertainment on the resort has greatly improved a credit to them all. One day we noticed the Manager having the music at the pool turned down this was welcomed by a great many. You(manager) are a credit to this resort you are seen through out the day checking on every detail no matter how small congradulation on a job well done. The buffet offers a wide variety of dishes to chose from, the best food I have found in Cuba. The international , asian and Cuban a la cartes are good as is the beach resturant but for a change try the buffet at lunch time . A dress code is being inforced now at the a la cartes so men take long pants and closed toed shoes or sandles and shirts with sleeves the shirts must also be worn at the buffet for dinner.On the second week of our stay I required the services of the Doctor and Nurse for a severe ear infection . The treatment and care I recieved from the two women was exception our health care workers in Canada could take some lessons from these Professional compassionate ladies. The cost was about $130. dollars which included seeing the doctor 4 times and the nurse 6 times including three prescriptions. I would not even try to guess how many hundreds of dollars it would cost in Canada makes you wonder doesn,t it . The only problem we had was my friend forgot his camera on a table in the upstairs bar area for about 5 minutes went he returned to fined it gone . Some of the bartenders started looking for it but to no avail, several staff members as the days went by would ask if he found there concern was touching . To the person who took it if you break a leg my friends wish came true the camera was replaceable the pictures are not.Hopefully we will get a chance to return to this resort but not in March when the Canadian kids take it over . There behavior is terrible in Canada it would no be tolerated maybe a threat of being put off the resort would calm them down. Don't worry about them not returning because it the price , sun , beach and rum they come for. To the people we meet from Manitoba, England and Ontario happy travel and hope we meet again

Room Tip: This is agood size resort so if you have problems walking try to get net the main pool. There is a r...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank oldboot_12
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time writing your opinion about your stay in our Hotel. It is very nice to know that you will return again. Hope to meet you here then.

Best regards,