“take me back”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Toronto, Canada
“take me back”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Ive been to tryp cayo coco from march 30 to april 6 and I have to say that it was B-E-Autiful
resort.Food was good, people were kind , beach was great and water in the pool and ocean
was clean. Ive been to cuba 2 times and I think that it was the best one yet. Me and my family
were very impressed how nice the people were there.

Room Tip: always look at the reviews.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Anna A
ManagerTrypCayoCoco, Director General at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for your comments. We are glad knowing that you liked your stay in our Hotel. Hope to see you here again.

Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,328)
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We were at Tryp from April 21 to April 28...My husband and I had a wonderful time again....the room was simple but very clean with an ocean view and close to everything....AC worked great and lots of hot water....

We were always at the main pool which was always clean..there was a guy cleaning the pool every morning..lots of entertainment around the pool most of the day..." lots of fun"....

The food at the buffet was great for breakfast...Fitz cooked eggs and omletts just the way you liked them and he always had the biggest smile and good morning for you..!!

My favorite a la carte was the Italian..the most amazing food and service ever......and my best friend and waiter Lorenzo is the best..!!

Hello the all the wonderful bar tenders at the beach grill and the pool bar...love them..!!...Always ate lunch at the beach grill...and I want to thank all the wonderful servers there..!!....Food was great there too..!!

I want also to thank Ricardo for helping us with getting us our room in the building I wanted...

There was a very sweet Mama Kitty and her 4 baby kitties around building 7...we always made sure she had food and water...they were so kind and gentle...love all the wild life there.....don't forget the goat Pedro he takes children for a ride around the resort in the evening..he loves bananas..!

I love all the improvements that have been made since last year ...thank you Alberto..wonderful job you atr doing....

I have been going to this resort for the last 15 years and I am looking forward to going again next year..I will never go anywhere else..I love it there!

Thank you to all the wonderful people at trip for always making my vacation the best......

Room Tip: I was in building 8
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hopeNovaScotia
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments here and your loyalty. It is always a pleasure to meet you here in our Hotel. Hope to see you soon again.

Toronto
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We travelled to Tryp from April 20-27 2012. What can I say other then it was AMAZING!! Best trip yet.

The food for cuban standards was great. Get to the buffet early and you will get the good stuff if you go late you will have missed out. We did the International, BBQ, Italian and Oriental a la cartes and they were all good... the pizza place on the beach is a MUST do... the staff there are absolutely amazing.

The bars were always stocked and had a good variety. The beach was amazing. We had "rude" waves most of the week which brought in a lot of seaweed but they worked hard to clean it up and really its the ocean you kind of expect some of that.

The disco was pretty good the couple of times I went!

We did the Bat Cave which is a MUST do... its a club in a bat cave all the resorts show up there and its a big party and a good place to meet people.

The rooms are dated for sure... but they were more then functional...the beds were hard but comfortable, the AC worked so well we needed the blankets, the water pressure was great, the toilets flush! Some old tiles and counters didn't stop me from having a good time.

Some shout out's for the week.... HEY to all the wedding party...You know who you are...RANDY... you made my week for sure..I know who to call if my house catchs fire. Mark are you still holding that wine glass? Dave....Your truly awesome, gentle, caring, I simply love you. Eric and Ashley CONGRATS! It was a blast meeting you. Smitty... to to cute... :) Paul, Paul, Luis and Graham.... You guys are GREAT hope you caught lots of fish.... If your on facebook add me!!! :)

We WILL be back to Tryp again. If your wondering if you should go!!! I say know the rooms are dated and get your butt to Tryp Cayo Coco you will NOT regret it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank juljoh70
Dear Guest,

It has been very nice to read your comments and to know that you had an amazing time here. It will be a pleasure to meet you here next time.

General Manager.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed at Tryp April 21st through 28th. We had a nice room in block 10 with a partial ocean view. Room was fairly basic, but clean and comfortable.

The beach is one of the nicest I've seen in the world. Crystal clear turquoise water and white sand beaches. The palapas were a nice bonus. We spent time at the main pool and at the quiet pool and they were lovely as well and well maintained.

The staff in the hotel were wonderful and we had favourites in each area of service. They really go out of their way to make you happy. We thought the entertainment was fantastic.

We weren't too crazy about the food in the buffet restaurant for the most part, but we thoroughly enjoyed the a la carte restaurants, particularly the Italian and the Cuban. A lot of reviewers seem to love the International restaurant, but that was probably our least favourite.

Unfortunately, all of us developed traveller's diarrhea and had a tough time of it for a few days. I don't know if it was the lettuce or the fruit or something else but we were suffering and it put a damper on the trip. I have travelled to a number of countries and eaten in many little hole in the wall, somewhat sketchy restaurants, but never been sick like this, so we were surprised.

The one thing I would like to see changed in the resort is to get rid of the little donkey and cart that sits in the lower lobby level, and the horses and buggies in the front of the hotel. The little donkey is tied up fairly snugly to a tree all day near the BBQ restaurant and then he sits out back tied up all night until he gets a "fare". The horses in the front are skinny and somewhat unhealthy looking and they're not necessary. We saw people trying to see how many they could pack into the cart and it was ridiculous.

Overall, we thought the resort was lovely, the beach was amazing and so were the people. Being ill really put a damper on the trip, so would we be back? Probably not.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Beachgrvr
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments here. It is a shame that you were sick during your stay because apart from that it seams that you like your stay. Actually ¨travelers diarrhea¨ is common when people travel to a different place. We will take advantage of your comments to keep working on improvements.

Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Me and my partner stayed at tryp cayo coco from 19,12,2011 - 03,01,2012, And we had a superb trip.
The hotel itself is excellent, Iv stayed all over the Caribbean but this hotel is number 1 in my book.

The hotel is clean, the pools are great, the food is out of this world - every type of fish/crabs/ lobster served daily in buffet restaurant, along with pasta stations, grill stations, and much more. only things that let the hotel down is the entertainment is pretty poor and the swamp that runs through the middle of hotel and next to buffet smells awful. Beach is lovely, and weather is hot.

I would not recommend the scuba diving here though as there is not much too see apart from sand, not much coral, or fish. We did do the Caribbean cruise though which was very good.

DONT LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS!

Tryp cayo coco is not the most luxurious hotels but if you want a nice pool/beach, superb food/drinks and a friendly atmosphere then this is the place for you.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank bobby h
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments here. We are very glad knowing that you enjoyed the Hotel and its services. Hope to see you again here.

Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed in block 9. Very good central location. The best part of the trip for me was the staff. Everyone was so friendly and animated. There is always lots to do. The pool is very clean and the swim up bar is great. Santiago was the bartender in the pool bar. He was very good at his job. As for the a la cartes, we had the grill, seafood, and international. Not a complaint for all 3. The buffet restaurant was excellent as well. I really liked the stir fry station and the pasta staion. They cook it in front of you. The desserts were a little bland but thats ok. I needed to save room for more drinks anyways. The beers on tap there are Bucanero and Cristal. Both were delicious. Yes, maybe the rooms are a bit outdated, but who cares? You are only in your room for a small portion of the day. The rooms are very clean though with AC(which works awesome), TV, patio balcony, extra blankets, and for you ladies out there, they have hair dryers. There are also hangers in the closet so no need to bring any. Be sure to visit the Pizza shack for lunch. Jordi and Danilo were excellent servers there and are both very friendly and funny. We went horse back riding for an hour and it only cost 10 pesos. It was a great experience. All the entertainment was great! There is definitley entertainment for all ages. We really liked the magician and the contortionist during the night shows. Be sure to try the donut strips located near the stage at night time. The dude also makes cotton candy as well. The lobby bar was a nice spot to relax. There was always lots of room there. Osvaldo was a great server there. Anyways, I hate typing long stories. To make a long story short, me and my girlfriend enjoyed the trip and we would recommend this resort to anyone.

Mike and Hailey
Alberta, Canada

Room Tip: Block 9 was good.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Mike P
ManagerTrypCayoCoco, Director General at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It has been very nice to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Hope to meet you here the next holidays, you will be welcome once again.

Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

I love coming down here. It's truly my home away from home.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you, you will be always welcome home!!!

Our best regards,