6,160 results
All reviews quiet pool fish guest services main pool pizza a la carte restaurants lobby bar bbq grill hour bar international restaurant ocean view stir fry beautiful beach chicken entertainment staff air canada beach restaurant
Reviewed May 3, 2018

my 5th time to Tryp (7th to Cayo Coco), went with my sister April 23-30...it felt like being home again...staff were absolutely amazing-especially Niurys, Guillermo, Ladys & the rest of the lobby bar staff...the little omelette lady, Fez, Fidel, William, Eddy, Borges & the rest of the buffet staff...Steve, Noslen, Julio & the rest of the entertainment team...William and Gelly in customer service...our maid (block 7, room 733) was AWESOME...I'm sure I'm forgetting to mention some of the staff, but they were all amazing & always had a smile & an "hola" for us...the food was great, ate at all of the a la cartes as well as the buffet...pool was cleaned daily (wish the guests would put their plastic cups & straws in the garbage though!)...the beach, oh my goodness, the beach is HUGE now & absolutely beautiful...we'll be back in November!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristina G
Orestes G, Director of Sales at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Dear Kristina G:

We are so happy to read that your 5th time with us was a very good holiday experience you are already looking forward to repeating! Thank you very much for all your compliments which I have been very glad to share with the team, especially with the members of the staff you so kindly mentioned on your review. Thank you for your wonderful comments. Please, send us your booking details and preferences for your next year stay, we will be very glad to look after your 6th time with us.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying at Tryp over Easter. The staff was very friendly. They always remembered us and treated us like family. It was a nice resort. The food was good. The resort was clean. We are planning on bringing our family and friends back to get married on the beach. The beach has beautiful white sand and turquoise water. A special thank you to our new friends in the lobby Niurys, Ladys, Uberlandy, Julio, Danilo. We always had delicious drinks and Spanish coffees there. Nos and Pedro were great entertainment by the pool and at the theatre. Guillermo, Julio Cesar, Yaniel at the snack bar. Fidel and William always had fast service at the buffet. Yosmary cleaned our room nice and left us cool swans on our bed. We had a beautiful view of the ocean in building 10. We can't wait to come back. We miss everyone!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Kayla C:

Thank you very much for your time, we are very happy to read your wonderful comments about our facilities and services. It is always amazing the positive feedback that makes me feel proud of our team and their daily efforts to provide unforgettable experiences. For more information about Weddings, you can contact the wedding coordinator Gretchen in the guest service, your email is bodas.tcc@meliacuba.com, we will be happy to help you. Let us know what your requests are for next time, we will be happy to help you.

With the best wishes,

Reviewed April 30, 2018

Back again to this amazing place, this was our Fourth time in 14 months. All Staff are friendly and helpful.
Lots of choice of food, room very clean and most beautiful beach. Customer service is always on top of everything.
Hope to be back soon.

Stayed: February 2018

Dear Ann Bissonnette J:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your amazing experience with other readers and future customers. This encourages us to keep working hard so as to maintain the quality our customers deserve. I do look forward in the hope of welcoming you back in the future, so please, email us your preferences as we will be just to happy to assist.

With warmest regards,

Best Regards.....

Reviewed April 30, 2018

2nd time and there will be a third!! went in a group of six and none of us had any complaints. the view was beautiful as was the weather fantastic staff and made many friends. Hoping to rebook in September for our third trip.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Kate S:

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I am very happy that you enjoyed the view and that I have made many friends. We hope to see you soon on another third trip.

Best regards.....

Reviewed April 28, 2018

I was fooled by the reviews on this resort. Problems at this place are not hurricane related, it is just old, and offers little to do. Cost me the same for a 1 week stay as it did to stay 2 weeks at the Valentin in Santa Maria a year ago. My mistake.
I love Cuba, and based on reviews thought this would be a good choice. Never been to Cayo Coco. I usually go to Santa Maria. This hotel was hit by Irma as were all the hotels in the area. Not sure this one came back in the way that others on the Island did.
The Good. The food was decent, better than expected. Yes, I brought my own spices but I always do that. Buffet offered good variety, nice roast pork, fresh seafood, and good soups. Service was poor there for the first 3 days, it was Cuban holiday week and the hotel was filled with Cuban families, the staff simply ignored anyone that was not Cuban. On one occasion, they didn't clean my table, when I finally ask them to clean it, the waiter simply brushed the place mat onto the floor, didn't wipe the spilled drinks clean, and didn't bring cutlery nor a napkin. He didn't ask if I would like a drink, And I went to find my own cutlery and napkin. I eventually was able to get a beer and glass of water. I brought a soup to my table but no one could find me a spoon. I found my own and cleaned it. After having my soup, I went to get some fish from the grill station. It takes a few minutes. When I got back to my table, the waiter had taken my drinks and cutlery off the table, and given the table to a Cuban couple, even thought my sunglasses were still on the table and by beach bag was under the table. Unbelievable. Similar service at the lobby bar and towel cabin. I went to get my beach towel, filled out the paperwork and gave it to the lady there. 3 Cubans came up fro behind me, handed in some towels, and started a 10 minute argument with the staff person who simply ignored me and left me standing there as the argument went on. I went to the on site store to by a bottle of rum, and handed the short lady a 20 peso bill. She handed it back to me and told me to go get change and bring back a smaller bill. When I went to the other store to buy pop, the sign said open, lights were on, but it was locked. I asked at front desk, they insisted store is open, and refused to check. I asked at customer service, they are beside the store, and they also insisted it was open. Eventually 4 additional groups were waiting in-front of the store, all were told the same thing I was told. 45 minutes later a sleepy looking lady shows up an opens the store. This was at 5pm in the afternoon.
Upon check-in, the bell hop cart left me standing in the lobby, even though he knew I was waiting the longest, and took 3 loads of Cubans to their rooms first, all of their buses arrived after I did. None of this is 4 star behavior.
The rooms are old and in poor repair. Light switches broken and falling out of wall, circuit box door broken, there is a fridge in room yet all week no beer nor pop provided, and water not provided on one day. There was a calcified coffee pot yet no coffee not tea provided all week. One day I went to get my own tea, tried the pot, and threw out the tea due to unknown floating objects found in the pot after using it. There was no hot water for the first 2 days, and the shower head was hanging off the wall. The tiles were chipped and broken, the tub paint pealing off, and almost no water pressure. Not 4 star stuff.
On the plus side, the girl from housekeeping was great. So friendly, she kept the room clean, and always gave me clean fresh towels. I made sure to tip her well. The old fellow tending to the pool-bar area was great, such a nice man, and he was tipped well. Same for a number of the grounds keepers.
The beach looks nice, but is nowhere near Santa Maria nor Pilar standards. A number of years ago someone decided to bring in a dredge and build up the size of the beach. In doing so, the dredged up so many small sharp shells. This has also resulted in tons of seaweed floating up on the beach daily. A tip, if you plan to do a lot of walking on this beach, bring shoes or go to Pilar for a truly fine beach sand.
I ordered 2 lobsters and asked to get them at the buffet restaurant for diner 2 days later. The waiter that night was fantastic, and took care of everything. Fresh tasty lobster, properly grilled, nicelt presented, and a bargain at 20 pesos. It is half price at buffet compared to alacart restaurant but must be ordered in advance.
The buffet was closed for dinner the last 2 days due to a lack of guests. Dinner was served at alacart only on those days, or you could get a sandwich at the snack bar?????????? Not 4 star at all.
Evening socializing and entertainment for adults was non existent unless you call siting at one of 6 tables in the lobby entertaining. The Martini bar and "disco" were closed all week. The shows at night were really just kiddie shows done 3 times in a week.
I did take a day and explored the island via tourist bus. It is a great value, and allowed me to check out some other island hotels What a difference. Lessons learned.
There is a wet area in the centre of the hotel. It is stagnant water that smells bad and breeds insects. Why not dry it out and get rid of this eyesore?
International restaurant. Went twice. First time, the filet was very good with a nice red wine sauce, but not the blue cheese as advertised. Service was good. Second time, meat was not very good and sauce was a pork sauce. Portions were kiddie sized. Give people a decent sized portion please. Service was good.
Italiano restaurant. Food was good, but no pizza available due to a lack of cheese that day. Pasta was good, main course of Chicken good was kiddie size. Service, from a new waitress, was terrific. She was so nice. As with all Cuban dining, bring some of your own spices to liven things up.
As for tipping. This resort has some really good staff, and some that coast and expect to be tipped. I have learned not to tip those that chose to do the minimum required by their job titles. A tip is intended to thank those that go above and beyond to make my stay nice. That is what I do. For those staff members that wondered why I didn't tip them, think about it. If you ignored me, or did barely what the job requires, you earned your wages but not a tip. If you provided me substandard service in order to serve your fellow Cubans, might I remind you that none of them tip you. Not once did I see a Cuban tip a fellow Cuban staff member. Something to think about.
Melia should take a hard look at the Tryp and do a proper rebuild. Maybe then this resort will again be a place that Michael Corleone would be proud of.
Of all my trips to Cuba, this was by far the most expensive and the only one that really was disappointing and a letdown. The weather by the way was great, I will thank the good Lord for that part.

Room Tip: chose a room at a newer hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Andree B
Orestes G, Director of Sales at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2018

Dear Andree B :

Thank you for your time in writing your comments. We sincerely offer you apologies for the inconveniences occurred during your stay, we consider your comments to improve and thus well be able to provide the services that our clients deserve. We hope this can’t interfere on your intention of coming back to Cuba in the future.

best regards.....