“Adaptive scuba with Jose and Raul”

Aquatica Dive and Surf
Ranked #2 of 10 Tours in Aguadilla
More attraction details
Owner description: Established since 1987 and endorsed by the Puerto Rico Tourism Co., we offer scuba, surf and stand up paddleboard lessons, tours and sales in the Aguadilla and Isabela areas. Best prices in town! Professional and friendly staff. Representatives of major brands such as Atomic Aquatics, CressiSub, Costa del Mar , Olukai and more....
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I am a paraplegic due to a spinal cord injury, so I know I bring many challenges when I go scuba diving, but on Tuesday, July 11, I had a really good experience on a shore dive at Crashboat Beach with Jose and Raul. Jose was my dive partner and he did all the work. Raul was along as a safety diver and photographer.

It was love at first sight when I saw Crashboat Beach last year, but since we were passing through Aguadilla on our way from Rincon to San Juan and did not have much time, I did not get to enjoy the water. This year I learned that Crashboat below the surface is as beautiful as it is above the surface.

The water temperature was very nice - I was comfortable on our hour-long dive in a 3 millimeter vest and neoprene shorts. We saw a lot of fish (lionfish, sergeant majors, a big tarpon, a trumpetfish, an eel) and lots of colorful coral. The highlight of this dive was swimming eye to eye with a sea turtle.

I booked and paid for my dives on Aquatica's web site before we got to Puerto Rico, and everything worked out well. In addition to my dive with Jose and Raul, my nephew did a Discover Scuba course. I felt very safe diving with Jose and Raul and I am happy to recommend them to anyone who wishes to dive in Puerto Rico.

1  Thank Kris G

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Starting from owner Jose to all staff were very friendly especially my buddy Jose Rosa and everyone deserve all kind of good words
Thanks again

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Awesome time , best experience ever . Added to your bucket list , a most do . Jose & Karin thank you see you next time.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

I recently got certified last June so this was my first post-open water dive. I opted for the two tank dive, which I'm very glad I did. The first dive to Crash Boat Pier was not particularly interesting as I ended up with a Discover SCUBA group. It ended up being a lot like a pool dive with the ocasional fish. However, for the second dive, the guides took me to Shacks Beach which was simply amazing. The surf was particularly calm that day which made the water very clear and easy to swim in. Jose led through caverns and tight holes in the reef. Even if you are an experienced diver I would recommend going with a professional through this area. I defiantly would have gotten lost through all the twists and turns without Jose's knowledge of the area. It was a fantastic experience overall.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

I had a chance to dive with Jose, from Aquatica on 2 days. Both dives were very enjoyable with lots of sea life at Al Natural as well as Crash Boat beach.

My first experience using the DPV s....diver propulsion vehicle....makes diving against a current effortless and you can cover a huge amount of underwater area on one tank.
The dpv s that I used on both days were in excellent condition and very powerful.

Aquatica stock excellent dive equipment and the rental gear that I used was in excellent condition with the BCD being brand new.

Jose is an excellent instructor and guide and I thorough enjoyed my time diving with him. He has years of experience in these waters and conducts his training and diving in a very professional manner.

I highly recommend Aquatica and will definitely use them again when I return to Aguadilla, Puerto Rico.

1  Thank Deborah H