“Great dives”

Aquatica Dive and Surf
Ranked #2 of 10 Tours in Aguadilla
More attraction details
Owner description: Established since 1987 and endorsed by the Puerto Rico Tourism Co., we offer scuba, surf and stand up paddleboard lessons, tours and sales in the Aguadilla and Isabela areas. Best prices in town! Professional and friendly staff. Representatives of major brands such as Atomic Aquatics, CressiSub, Costa del Mar , Olukai and more....
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I've done a few trips with the guys at Aquatica & they run a first rate shop. Very friendly & knowledgeable with good equipment. The pier at Crashboat, Natural Beach & the caverns at Shack's beach are all great dive spots. On the weekends it's getting there from San Juan isn't too bad & offers very different diving than on the east side of the island. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Love it, Beautiful
something everyone should do at lease once in your live. The instructor was very nice and careful with us.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 17 July 2017

On a recent trip to Puerto Rico my boyfriend wanted to go scuba diving. I had never been diving and was a little nervous about it to be honest. I'm a bit afraid of the ocean and fish...but I'm always up for a new challenge so decided not to hamper his fun and give it a try. We did one of the exploratory beginner dives with Aquatica and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. We signed up and took the online beginner course the night before, then showed up in the morning for another lesson session and test before hitting the road to go to Shacks Beach with our instructors.

After a little prep near the beach it was time to go underwater and explore the wonders of the sea near the pier. Did I mention I'm a little bit afraid of the ocean and fish? :-) Breathing underwater is a big mental adjustment for me- but after a couple minutes I was able to relax and follow along, watching my instructor point out various fish- trumpet fish, puffer fish, manta rays, we even swam with a sea turtle! There were TONS of beautiful, brightly colored fish and we swam among them and coral and it was AMAZING. I forgot all about my fear as I lost myself in the wonder of this new undersea world that I had never dreamed of experiencing.

Our instructors and the staff at Aquatica were incredible. Very patient and thorough and extremely knowledgable about diving. They answered all of my questions and then some. I felt very safe and comfortable knowing that they were there with me. All in all I think we were underwater for 40 minutes or so and I will never forget the experience. My ocean fears are gone because of this adventure! I can't say enough good things about the Aquatica instructors- they were seriously amazing. I hope I get to go back to Puerto Rico again soon. If I do, I know where I'm going to learn more about diving! Can't recommend Aquatica enough. They are top notch!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I am a paraplegic due to a spinal cord injury, so I know I bring many challenges when I go scuba diving, but on Tuesday, July 11, I had a really good experience on a shore dive at Crashboat Beach with Jose and Raul. Jose was my dive partner and he did all the work. Raul was along as a safety diver and photographer.

It was love at first sight when I saw Crashboat Beach last year, but since we were passing through Aguadilla on our way from Rincon to San Juan and did not have much time, I did not get to enjoy the water. This year I learned that Crashboat below the surface is as beautiful as it is above the surface.

The water temperature was very nice - I was comfortable on our hour-long dive in a 3 millimeter vest and neoprene shorts. We saw a lot of fish (lionfish, sergeant majors, a big tarpon, a trumpetfish, an eel) and lots of colorful coral. The highlight of this dive was swimming eye to eye with a sea turtle.

I booked and paid for my dives on Aquatica's web site before we got to Puerto Rico, and everything worked out well. In addition to my dive with Jose and Raul, my nephew did a Discover Scuba course. I felt very safe diving with Jose and Raul and I am happy to recommend them to anyone who wishes to dive in Puerto Rico.

1  Thank Kris G
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Starting from owner Jose to all staff were very friendly especially my buddy Jose Rosa and everyone deserve all kind of good words
Thanks again