“Great Italian Food & Service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spumoni Italian Cafe & Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Palm Desert, California
“Great Italian Food & Service”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Great food at a modest price. The service is attentive and staff friendly. Not an extensive wine list, but it does well in a pinch. Their breads are fresh baked. Outdoor seating is available in good weather.

• Visited July 2011

Porterville, Ca
“Good Italian food and great easy access to Restaurant.”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Everytime my family & I go to Southern California, we make sure that we either stop there to eat on the way to L.A. or on the way home. Spumoni's is a family favorite. We look forward to the good food, service and selection of Italian dishes. The atmosphere is great and the ambience suits me and my family just fine. We go there everytime we're in the area and love it! It gets crowded at times, but that's really not a bad thing . The longest I've waited was 10 minutes. The food is always delicious and ample with plenty left to take back to the hotel or home for later!

Los Angeles
“food was okay, service just awful....”
Reviewed 5 December 2009

i give this restaurant 2 stars not because the food was bad, but because the service was insulting and i dare even say displayed inappropriate discrimination! i came here for the first time with my wife and 2 sons today for a late lunch and as soon as we came in no one offered us a table or asked us to wait for a table, etc. i had to personally approach the guy behind the counter and ask for the table myself. the restaurant was not at all crowded even, so being busy wasn't any excuse here. after being seated i noticed the only 2 other tables occupied had bread plates, and it seemed standard. they did NOT offer us any. i had to again ask for it myself and the server just replid "oh yeah sure" then gave us the bread finally. a few minutes later an elderly white couple probably in their 50's walked in and the same damn waiter immediately served them bread and was noticeably more attentive to them. the whole time they were there this waiter would keep checking in on them and seeing if they needed anything. each and every time our table needed something i had to practically stand and approach someone to get their attention! it was such rude and discriminatory behavior!! i spent $105 on our meal and we were treated like we didn't deserve the proper standard service. disgusting customer service. if you're not white, don't come to this place coz you won't feel welcome. food was okay tho.

2 Thank mgfavis888
Los Angeles
“Great service by EXTREMELY friendly staff & Nice outing all together!”
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We were a group of 6 teachers trying to use 3 coupons between the 6 of us. Although the coupon says 1 per table, management came over. We asked, and we were allowed to have 3 separate coupons. All night we were waited on by EXTREMELY friendly servers. Our main server was always there to refill drinks, etc. The food was EXCELLENT. The bread was warm and tasty in the beginning, so I didn't eat a lot of my entree. It was piping hot and sooo delicious, though. I would say the menu is a bit pricey, but then again, we ARE teachers. I would definitely go here for a special occasion. The atmosphere was a bit noisy because of the clanging dishes periodically in the kitchen. That was a bit annoying. We were sitting pretty close to the kitchen. I wish the table/chairs were soft and padded. It would make me want to stay long, chit/chat, and then have dessert...but my bum was starting to hurt. Nice evening, though. The staff all said, "Goodbye, thank you" when we left.

Benicia, Ca
“Ate here in 2006 - it was as good as I remembered in 2009”
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We stayed in Santa Clarita for 5 nights in June and ate at Spumoni's 3 of those nights. It's a casual restaurant at the corner of a big shopping center within walking distance of several hotels. There is plenty of parking. The tables are close together & it was busy when we were there but I don't remember it being really loud. The restaurant has a gnocchi menu page & I had gnocchi all 3 times. My friend had gnochhi, pasta & fish - all were good. The portions were huge. Since our hotel had a refrigerator & microwave, we were able to have our leftovers for lunch.

I reviewed this restaurant is 2006 & everything I said then I would say about our 2009 dining experience at Spumoni's.