“Excellent coffee”
Review of Santeez Cafe

Santeez Cafe
Ranked #13 of 50 Restaurants in Kerikeri
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here for the first time. Walked by that many times and finally tried this lovely cafe.
The moment you walk in you are met by friendly smiling staff.
I had the spinach and sun dried quiche. Delicious, as was the side salad. I could have eaten more of the salad, only a small serve on the plate.
My husband had the smoked fish pie which had big chunks of fish in it.
Both of our coffees were fantastic.
The cafe is also dog friendly and has a nice courtyard to sit in on a fine day.
We will be back!

Reviewed August 1, 2017

This cafe offers both indoor and outdoor dining. Good selection of food and beverages.
Staff all helpful and friendly. Try Eggs Benedict very tasty. Coffees not bad either.

Reviewed July 13, 2017

Coeliacs, GF intolerant, wheat free, vegetarians REJOICE. This place is a welcome to the lack of good eateries in the North.

Positives:
-Wonderful, warm, helpful and friendly service
-Delicious food with a wide variety
-Thee best eggs benedict (saucy)
-Great tea & coffee
-GF food baked and cooked to perfection
-Great indoor and outdoor seating
-Reasonable prices

Negatives:
-Zilch

I love this place and I hope it's around for a long time!
Thanks for giving Northland a great food choice. I'd recommend this place to everyone heading near or into Kerikeri.

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

Santeez is my local Friday coffee ( and any other excuse I find to visit)
The sunny courtyard is the best place to sit year round. It has a relaxing ambience and feels separated from the bustle of Kerikeri Rd traffic - even though it's a mere few metres away.
Owners and staff are ALWAYS friendly with a happy disposition - regardless of their own lives. You won't hear staff openly discussing when their next break is in this place! The gluten free scones are to die for - not heavy and sticky at all.
Coffee is great and my own generic is a vanilla latte - usually my entrance into the cafe starts the making of it - before I need to ask.
The resident blackbird who loves his mirror is a source of entertainment.
Sometimes when hugely busy service can be a little slow- but reparation is always made by owners.

It's a great local go to place for me - and I recommend to visitors often.
Santeez won't disappoint.

Marlaine

Reviewed May 28, 2017

With my husband being newly diagnosed as a coeliac, we were keen to try Santeez cafe in Kerikeri which proudly advertised itself as a 'gluten free' cafe.

We both chose the gluten-free chicken burger options as well as coffees. We found the food lovely and tasty with portions very generous. The coffee was good and strong and wonderfully hot. Of course, be aware that choosing gluten-free will add around $3 or so to your bill for each gluten-free item.

Service was very friendly and very quick. The setting was very tranquil and somewhere we would certainly revisit next time we are in Kerikeri.