Open today: 12:45 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
An Excellent Concept

The theater use to be the Wilder in the 1950s. It has been renamed and renovated into a... read more

Reviewed August 15, 2018
John A
Raleigh
Great experience

I love this theater! The atmosphere is amazing. The food is well prepared, and it is just a... read more

Reviewed August 7, 2018
pamelaj643
Portsmouth, Virginia

All reviews sound system nachos first run movies movie experience big screen comfortable chairs state of the art surround sound fruit and cheese plate box office sandwich sound quality onion rings table service great place to see a movie movie theaters beef
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

This is one of our regular haunts when we go out to catch a movie. It's an old theater that has been well cared for and offers tables and comfy chairs to enjoy a meal, snack, beer and wine while enjoying the movie. My wife and I really enjoy this place.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

The commodore has a great screen, incredible sound, really comfortable seating, and decent food. Best place to watch movies in Hampton Roads.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

From the ability to have dinner, to experiencing the Dolby sound system and the grandeur of a renovated theater of the past, the Commodore is a special place! Downtown Portsmouth is walkable and has nice shops and old homes and several museums. You could spend a day exploring. We enjoy first run films here and visit often.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I go there often for dinner and a movie. I love the atmosphere. And being able to eat and talk with family and friends before the movie. Food is good and price okay. Well worth it.

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

I came to visit some friends in Virginia (I’m from England) and they brought me here one evening. The theatre itself is such a pleasant and unique experience and I really enjoyed the food. We watched The Avengers - the sound quality is incredible, better than anything I’ve experienced in the UK. I would definitely come back for a visit.