Open today: 5:45 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
A wonderfully restored 1945 theater

This is a must go place. The restoration takes you back in time to when going to the theater was a... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
davidmI9076ID
Prattville, Alabama
Fun

Don’t miss it! Comfy chairs around a table. Good wine and good food witty excellent movies. This... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Martin B
Vashon, Washington

All reviews sound system nachos first run movies dinner and a movie big screen movie experience comfortable seating state of the art surround sound box office sandwich sound quality onion rings table service movie theaters beef order food
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

This is one of our regular haunts when we go out to catch a movie. It's an old theater that has been well cared for and offers tables and comfy chairs to enjoy a meal, snack, beer and wine while enjoying the movie. My wife and I really enjoy this place.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2018

The commodore has a great screen, incredible sound, really comfortable seating, and decent food. Best place to watch movies in Hampton Roads.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed June 24, 2018

From the ability to have dinner, to experiencing the Dolby sound system and the grandeur of a renovated theater of the past, the Commodore is a special place! Downtown Portsmouth is walkable and has nice shops and old homes and several museums. You could spend a day exploring. We enjoy first run films here and visit often.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I go there often for dinner and a movie. I love the atmosphere. And being able to eat and talk with family and friends before the movie. Food is good and price okay. Well worth it.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

I came to visit some friends in Virginia (I’m from England) and they brought me here one evening. The theatre itself is such a pleasant and unique experience and I really enjoyed the food. We watched The Avengers - the sound quality is incredible, better than anything I’ve experienced in the UK. I would definitely come back for a visit.

Date of experience: April 2018