“Extemely Military Friendly”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prince George
Milford
“Extemely Military Friendly”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I have stayed at this hotel previously and they had always been military friendly and family friendly. During previous visits, it was under a different fanchise and they did renovations from time to time. Under the current franchise (Baymont) the renovations are being conducted throughout the hotel, will very little if any disturbance to the guests.

From the time you walk in, the staff is very friendly and genuinely enjoy helping you with anything you need. The rooms are spacious and updated with flat screen TV's, refridgerators, microwaves and very comfortable down bedding.

I had my family with me on a military business trip and they enjoyed the pool, which was very inviting. Ocean pictures hand painted on the wall with the pam trees lining the pool made you feel you were in a tropical paradise instead of a hotel pool. While at the pool, it was common to see the GM, Traci hackley wandering out occassionally and greeting the guests in person and ensuring all their needs were met. Abundance of lounge chairs with cloth backing, and multiple tables with chairs allowed enough room for everybody to enjoy. They even had a Cornhole Set (a bean bag toss game) poolside for the guest to enjoy. Two BBQ grills are available for guests usage and are located under a gazebo. Grilling tools are available at the front desks for all to use.

There is also an indoor hot tub, excercise room with sauna and treadmill. They have a full serve breakfast in the morning and nightly specials at HOOAH'S bar and grill with pool tables and air hockey. The Guest Appreciation Night on Wednesdays is definately a crowd pleaser with free drink tickets and a free meal for all guests.

I would recommend this hotel for any military going thru Ft Lee, and the general public as well as I have not found a better value for my money anywhere in the area. Traci Hackley and her staff make this one of the best hotel experiences my family and I have ever experienced. Keep up the EXCEPTIONAL work, and we look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
BaymontPG, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. I believe we have a fantastic team and product at the Baymont. It is our honor to assist you and are always happy when the families can visit with their service member. Thank you for you service. It is because of your service I am provided the opprotunity to live in the land of the free and home of the brave!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Olive Hill
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Service was excellent. There wasn't a time that I was set to the side or forgotten. Quiet hotel staff prevents them from disturbing you.

The room was good for a 1 person stay or even a small familly stay. Nice double doors to an outside pattio as well.

Location was perfect for my needs as I needed access to Fort Lee.

I liked the staff willingness to help the most as it provided a nice atmosphere. I didn't like that if you didn't hide your decaf then the cleaning personell didn't give you more coffee.

Room Tip: Rooms along the 149 wall have pattio access
1 Thank Dhayes22
Jacksonville, AL
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I had to stay in this hotel for 4 weeks and it is not worth the money. The rooms were not clean and I had "sticky stuff" on my carpet.
The only good thing about this hotel was the location since it is right outside of Fort Lee. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone who has to pay for it.

1 Thank DangerKitty22

Travellers are raving about these Prince George hotels

Honolulu
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I stayed here for a month and it was great. the front staff was very friendly and accommodated very well. the room i had was roomy, clean and didnt smell bad, free wi, fi, the gym was pretty small but it worked for me. not to mention the bar downstairs had a great staff as well. i enjoyed the appreciation nite where they offer free food. the complimentary breakfast was filling, many selections! totally worth the money spent!

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Azusa, California
Reviewed 28 April 2011

The staff at the hotel were very helpful and attended to my every need. I stay at the hotel for a month while attending school at Fort Lee.
Jessica at the frint desk was very friendly and greeted us every day while returning from class.

thanks to the hotel staff ad management , made our stay delightful.

1 Thank lisalisa6
Oak Hill, Virginia
Reviewed 6 July 2007

This hotel does not deserve the Comfort Inn name. We requested a roll away bed and were told that "all two" at the hotel were in use by the time we arrived on a Friday evening. We asked for a manager, and were told the manager "would be back on Monday." The A/C didn't work in the first room we were given, but the third room we were shown had working A/C. There was no hot water in the morning--I mean zero. The hotel is in need of renovation. This is clearly a hotel that Comfort Inn bought from another chain -- I don't know what they were thinking.

Stayed July 2007
Matamoras,pa
Reviewed 1 March 2007

I stayed in this hotel on February 24 and 25th,2007..the staff is very rude. Was not a safe area was glad I didnt have my kids with me..maid was constantly pounding on the door to make our room and it was only 9:00am..when we checked in the desk clerk rolled her eyes at us because she had to get off her butt..would not recommend this hotel..Couldnt even have a drink in their bar on a saturday night at 9:00pm it was closed..

• Liked — the rooms were clean
  • Disliked — rude employees
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kathyann66
0.5 km away
Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell
8.4 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee? Share your experiences!