New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee

Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prince George
New York City
“Nice place for a quick stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stayed here for a family wedding over a long weekend. It's a typical inn/motel establishment. I didn't have much interaction with the staff. I thought the front desk clerk, Yonna (sp?), was particularly friendly. The Inn is VERY big so plenty of rooms for a group having an event. Starbucks (for those that like it) is right across the parking lot. McDonald's and a few other restaurants are also within walking distance. The "free breakfast" is not the best. I didn't see much choice when I arrived, and others in my party felt the same. I think that is my biggest negative about the place. I would stay here again in a pinch.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NYSheDevil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

The Baymont provided me with a suite, great service, and a hot breakfast during a three month stay in the area. The hotel staff was consistently helpful and friendly, which allowed me to focus on my work. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially to military members stationed at nearby Fort Lee.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BaymontPG, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Ian thank you so much for your kind words and amazing confidence in our property. It was our pleasure to assist you while you were here. I truly want to thank you for your service for our country allowing us the opprotunity to live in the land of the free because of the brave!
Traci
Fort Lee, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

I am a Sergeant First Class in the United States Army and was in Virginia to attent a school at this time last year. I found this hotel by getting lost and went in to speak to an employee. The manager greeted myself and a friend with great southern hospitality and set us up with two great rooms. The rooms were very large with all the things you could want for a long stay. Large flat HD tv fridge, cooking supplies, large restrooms comfy beds and great maid service. The breakfast was great too full meal in the morning not just stail coffee and hockey buck biscuits. Good food with a variety of things to choose from. The bar and grill located in the hotel s also a great place to settle down in the evenings never a loud out of control crowd but not a dull place either just right with great service and friendly conversation. Also an outstanding pool area with lounge chairs tables BBQ grilles if you decide to have a good old fassion poolside cookout. Then to top it all off just to show their apprciation on wensdays they had free dinner and drinks for guests. All in all you can't beat this place. The manager Traci Hackley and her team at the Baymont are a great group of people who truly do care about their guests and whatthey can do to make your stay the best it can be. Stay here and I can promise they will go far beyond your expectations.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank kpvest
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

We traveled to Prince George to attend the retirement party for a good friend and this hotel was used as the main hosting point for attendees traveling from afar to attend the event. When arrived, we were checked in very quickly and upon entering our room which was a King Bed Room Non Smoking Room With Microwave And Refrigerator and room was on the first floor with sliding door facing the pool. We were impressed with the renovation of the room that resulted in upgraded carpet, bed, bedding, flat TV, and free wireless internet. However, with the exception of a new counter top in the bathroom, no renovation of tile, fixtures, and tub had been done. That was okay but the management would do well to remove the lighting fixtures and clean them thoroughly. Even though we were on a non-smoking wing of the hotel, the smell of smoke was apparent in the bathroom and most likely coming through the air return vent just above the sink. We did not notice smoke smell in the bedroom portion of our room. It was clear that they were in renovation and upgrade "mode" with more work to be done. The staff was very friendly, cheerful, and helpful. We would not recommend the hotel until full renovations are completed. There are newer properties in the area from larger chain hotel companies that would most likely provide a better accommodation experience if you are traveling to Prince George (and/or Hopewell).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ChuckDickens
BaymontPG, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are in the middle of rennovating our older side of the building. I agree the bathrooms need some work. The granite countertops were installed many years ago and we are in stages of the rennovations. I encourage to visit us again as my guest to see the final product. Again thank you and take care.
Hampton, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

My stay on Saturday, 27 August during hurricane Irene was a bad experience aswell as a bad choice of hotels to pick. Two hours after I checked into the hotel they lost power and was still without power when I checked out the next day Sunday, 28 August. I totally understand the hurricane however; the misleading information given to customers that was “printed and signed” by the hotel manager Tracy--was just as bad as her attitude when I called and spoke with her on Tuesday, 30 August. Her first words were” it’s an act of God and nothing I can do”. I never ask her to do anything…I wanted to inform her that my room sink didn’t work, my daughters room shower didn’t work and the poor lighting in some parts of the building. What the manager doesn’t understand is when I purchased that room I paid for a service that I didn’t get and after her words and me paying $170.70 to sit in a hot/dark room (the windows were actually locked by a key) for 18 hours I’m a little disappointed that I choose a bad hotel during bad weather.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
It is unfortunate that the guest had a difficult stay during the hurricane. As a manager I do my best to provide a pleasant expierence during your stay, however in a hurricane that is difficult. I believe we did all we could to warn our guest prior to check in what our area was expecting as well as safety instructions and provided every guest with emergency supplies in the event we lost power. I drove to the hotel during the storm to check on each guest and provided beverages as well as food and had all generators going to keep discomfort to our guest at a minimum.

Travellers are raving about these Prince George hotels

Milford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

I have stayed at this hotel previously and they had always been military friendly and family friendly. During previous visits, it was under a different fanchise and they did renovations from time to time. Under the current franchise (Baymont) the renovations are being conducted throughout the hotel, will very little if any disturbance to the guests.

From the time you walk in, the staff is very friendly and genuinely enjoy helping you with anything you need. The rooms are spacious and updated with flat screen TV's, refridgerators, microwaves and very comfortable down bedding.

I had my family with me on a military business trip and they enjoyed the pool, which was very inviting. Ocean pictures hand painted on the wall with the pam trees lining the pool made you feel you were in a tropical paradise instead of a hotel pool. While at the pool, it was common to see the GM, Traci hackley wandering out occassionally and greeting the guests in person and ensuring all their needs were met. Abundance of lounge chairs with cloth backing, and multiple tables with chairs allowed enough room for everybody to enjoy. They even had a Cornhole Set (a bean bag toss game) poolside for the guest to enjoy. Two BBQ grills are available for guests usage and are located under a gazebo. Grilling tools are available at the front desks for all to use.

There is also an indoor hot tub, excercise room with sauna and treadmill. They have a full serve breakfast in the morning and nightly specials at HOOAH'S bar and grill with pool tables and air hockey. The Guest Appreciation Night on Wednesdays is definately a crowd pleaser with free drink tickets and a free meal for all guests.

I would recommend this hotel for any military going thru Ft Lee, and the general public as well as I have not found a better value for my money anywhere in the area. Traci Hackley and her staff make this one of the best hotel experiences my family and I have ever experienced. Keep up the EXCEPTIONAL work, and we look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words. I believe we have a fantastic team and product at the Baymont. It is our honor to assist you and are always happy when the families can visit with their service member. Thank you for you service. It is because of your service I am provided the opprotunity to live in the land of the free and home of the brave!
Olive Hill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

Service was excellent. There wasn't a time that I was set to the side or forgotten. Quiet hotel staff prevents them from disturbing you.

The room was good for a 1 person stay or even a small familly stay. Nice double doors to an outside pattio as well.

Location was perfect for my needs as I needed access to Fort Lee.

I liked the staff willingness to help the most as it provided a nice atmosphere. I didn't like that if you didn't hide your decaf then the cleaning personell didn't give you more coffee.

Room Tip: Rooms along the 149 wall have pattio access