“Better that when it was a Comfort Inn”

Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prince George
Richmond, Virginia
“Better that when it was a Comfort Inn”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This hotel was a Comfort Inn before Baymont took it over.

The Good!

They built an addition which is where we were put up in. We had a nice queen suite, flat screen tv, hide a bed love seat, fridge and microwave. Ample parking, close to the interstate, next to a military base and 4 miles from a nice sized mall with lots of eateries. Our visit was in early March.

The Not-so-Good

Upon arrival to the new addition entry way there was a very heavy odor of cigarette smoke. upon entering the building, the smoke odor was just as prevelant. We were put at the end of a long hall and you guessed it...spotty to non existant Wi-Fi. They did provide a LAN cable though. Pool is outdoors and the jacuzzi was indoors, but was down for a broken part.

Over all it wasn't all that bad, but I'll pay more next time for a non-smoking hotel with indoor pool / jacuzzi and over all Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra to get a suite near the entrance if you want good Wi-Fi and short walk to the parkin...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Don B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 February 2012

i have stayed here twice now, due to booking on priceline. i am sorry but they have this hotel listed as a three star? not. it is ok for the 47.00 bucks a night we paid. however if i had to pay full price i would never pick to stay at this hotel. the area is not bad at all and it is close to tons of studd including the southpark mall.

Room Tip: check a different hotel if you are looking for a three star.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Escondido, California
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Pros: Good breakfast, nice rooms, close to base.

Cons: Laundry room, too many smoking rooms, rundown in areas.

I stayed here for 9 evenings. I settled for a smoking mini suite for the room. I was told that people rarely smoked in them so it would be OK. It was not. I finally got my room clear of the smell after 4 days but the hallways to ge to the room were bad. I tried to to laundry on SUnday. It took me over 2 hours to do one load. That is because they had one broke machine (it had been that way for 3 weeks) and there was only one room for the whole place. With most of the people staying there being military, many were there over the weekend and tried to get clothes washed. It was a pain. They need better toasters in the breakfast area. The laundry room area was run down with peeling wallpaper by the doors and two tone walls where somone just rolled over spots.

Room Tip: Do not take a smoking room if you are a non-smoker, no matter what they tell you. If you are going t...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
BaymontPG, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review of our property I have read your concerns and be assurred I will follow up on all of them. I also would like to thank you for your kind remarks. We strive to always provide our guest with a wonderful guest expierence and we let you down in some areas. Please accept our apologise and when you are back in the area please stay with us again to see the improvements to your concerns.
Traci L. Hackley
lincoln
Reviewed 20 January 2012

During the two weeks at Baymont - I never worried about my room, hotel staff or a great breakfast every morning:
- Baymont lists their breakfast detail in the lobby
- Wednesdays is FREE Dinner & 2-Drink Night
- There are cookies out each night at 700 p.m.
- Hotel staff are VERY responsive

After my plane was canceled, Traci proudly extended my check out time till I resolved my flight...staying another night.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank russell b
New York City
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stayed here for a family wedding over a long weekend. It's a typical inn/motel establishment. I didn't have much interaction with the staff. I thought the front desk clerk, Yonna (sp?), was particularly friendly. The Inn is VERY big so plenty of rooms for a group having an event. Starbucks (for those that like it) is right across the parking lot. McDonald's and a few other restaurants are also within walking distance. The "free breakfast" is not the best. I didn't see much choice when I arrived, and others in my party felt the same. I think that is my biggest negative about the place. I would stay here again in a pinch.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NYSheDevil
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The Baymont provided me with a suite, great service, and a hot breakfast during a three month stay in the area. The hotel staff was consistently helpful and friendly, which allowed me to focus on my work. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially to military members stationed at nearby Fort Lee.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
BaymontPG, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Ian thank you so much for your kind words and amazing confidence in our property. It was our pleasure to assist you while you were here. I truly want to thank you for your service for our country allowing us the opprotunity to live in the land of the free because of the brave!
Traci
Fort Lee, Virginia
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I am a Sergeant First Class in the United States Army and was in Virginia to attent a school at this time last year. I found this hotel by getting lost and went in to speak to an employee. The manager greeted myself and a friend with great southern hospitality and set us up with two great rooms. The rooms were very large with all the things you could want for a long stay. Large flat HD tv fridge, cooking supplies, large restrooms comfy beds and great maid service. The breakfast was great too full meal in the morning not just stail coffee and hockey buck biscuits. Good food with a variety of things to choose from. The bar and grill located in the hotel s also a great place to settle down in the evenings never a loud out of control crowd but not a dull place either just right with great service and friendly conversation. Also an outstanding pool area with lounge chairs tables BBQ grilles if you decide to have a good old fassion poolside cookout. Then to top it all off just to show their apprciation on wensdays they had free dinner and drinks for guests. All in all you can't beat this place. The manager Traci Hackley and her team at the Baymont are a great group of people who truly do care about their guests and whatthey can do to make your stay the best it can be. Stay here and I can promise they will go far beyond your expectations.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee
#2 of 2 in Prince George
0.5 km away
Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee? Share your experiences!