All reviews delicious breakfast romantic setting hill overlooking beautiful room place to stay business trip wonderful food three nights cup of coffee mark buddy marc relaxation heads dog tub interstate
Reviewed September 18, 2017

If you imagine what your ideal would be for a bed and breakfast, you will end up with something that is exactly like Nesselrod. It is a beautiful country house on a secluded lot of land (though close to the main road). Everything is charming about it. The room we stayed in was simply beautiful. And it was comfortable. The bed and amenities were all first class. Breakfast is prepared by Buddy, the owner, who likes to cook. It is fantastic! And Buddy makes this experience that much warmer. He is simply a natural host, and he made us feel welcome the entire time of our two day visit. This is just a wonderful place.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

This is the first time, in doing a review, that I have submitted photos because I can't find words to describe the room where I stayed except to say I slept in a fairy garden.

Though I discovered this place on a business trip it is on my list of places to return for pleasure when I can linger over the delicious breakfast and have a cup of coffee with Mark the innkeeper.

Buddy,who is the resident greeter with his own business card, is a friendly black lab who has a keen sense of who is a dog person and who is not!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2017

Stayed here on a little solo trip, and what a lovely place. Gracious hosts, excellent breakfast, luxurious bed, serene setting. Loved the soaking tub in the Lily of the Valley room. Can't wait to return.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2017

We have stayed in the Thomas Room on two different occasions, once in the summer and once in January. The inn has proven to be charming no matter what season we visit. The setting atop a bluff on the New River provides a beautiful view that is convenient to a number of activities in the New River Valley. What a lovely place for special events. The nearby New River Trail provides a great spot for a walk, a bike ride, a picnic, or a peaceful spot to watch the canoes float by. The breakfasts are exceptional as is the hospitality of Mark who is a wealth of information on the area. Buddy always provides a warm welcome as well. We look forward to visiting again soon.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the Lily of the Valley room with our three year old. The room is spacious and very comfortable. We shared the very comfortable king sized bed, and there was plenty of room for our daughter to create a "nest" on the floor. The bathtub is enormous, and the shower is a lot of fun - shower heads everywhere. The in-room mini fridge is very useful. The gas fireplace is pretty. There were lots of little touches like those that we liked.

The breakfast was delicious - served by the gracious owner. There are two beautiful dogs who help host as well. I wish I had more reasons to travel to Radford and stay here!

(It looks like a wonderful place to have a wedding, too.)

Date of stay: February 2017