“Going downhill fast”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This used to be a great restaurant, but has really declined in the last year. The quality of food and service was poor on two recent visits. They downsized their space several years ago and it's just never been the same. Not sure what happened as it has a great location on the lake with outside dining in the warmer months. My go-to restaurant on Lake Anne has become my never again...so sad.

4  Thank Virginiabellarella

Reviewed August 14, 2010

We love Jasmine......it's one of our favorite places in Reston. I don't want tonight's meal to be an indication of things to come. The appetizers were fair.......the stuffed chili was bland and the potatoes were undercooked and a bit "crunchy". Our main course....pork tenderloin was over done. The flavors were there, but the meat was like raw hide.
I so want Jasmine to flourish. I love the feel of the place and I want to go there rather than to some "institutional place" at Town Center. On a Saturday nigh, I hate to see Jasmine so "down". Let's find a way to bring back the goodness. Food is an art and meant to be enjoyed. Come on Eduardo.......kick it up a notch.

Reviewed August 7, 2010

I have never had a bad meal at this restaurant at the Lake Anne Plaza!! The food is always outstanding and the staff delightful. Great to eat outside when the weather is nice and watch the kids running through the outdoor fountain. Also a dog friendly restuarant at least for the outside!! I come back time after time!!!

Gail Crockett

Reviewed January 30, 2009

I've been a resident of Reston and Herndon for the last 13 years and hands down, the Jasmine Cafe is my favorite reston restaurant. Everything is freshly made. The turkey reuben is wonderful, there salads with the peanut vinaigrette is excellent, portabella mushroom sandwich is great as well. The Squash soup is wonderful..i can go on and on. :) Stay away from the thai noodle dish.

Reviewed April 23, 2008

I ate at Jasmine Cafe a few days ago with my mom, and am still craving the corn muffins served with lunch. They were so tasty, and I can't quite put my finger on the added ingredient. We both ordered quiche and salad for 8.50 each. The quiche was delicious and the salad was to die for. The portions were very large, enough to fill us up and leave satisfied. It's located in the lovely Lake Anne Village center and I will certainly return. The service was a bit below par, and a tad unpersonable...but the food will bring me back!