“Enjoyable place”
Review of Cafe Asia 2

Cafe Asia 2
Ranked #27 of 535 Restaurants in Roanoke
Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

We have been here a number times. Our food is always good but not amazing although I never hesitate to go back. The sushi good and fresh. Last time we went the lettuce wraps were my favorite.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

I live in Roanoke and am a huge fan of Cafe Asia 2. I was initially wary because they do so many varieties of Asian food instead of specializing. However, they do not disappoint. Their sushi is excellent, very fresh with attractive presentation. I love the lunch special of 2 maki rolls and soup. You can substitute hot and sour soup at no charge and it's the best I've ever had. Their beef pho is also phenomenal. With the variety of food they serve, there is something for everyone. I love their mochi ice cream for dessert. Their gluten free options are abundant and clearly marked. The ambiance is pleasant and the service is always good.

1  Thank Adrien M
Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

Fresh fish (sushi) and Thai food options. I've made this one of my regular spots when visiting Roanoke.

Reviewed May 5, 2017

I love this place and have dined here often. Yesterday my sister and I had lunch after shopping for plants at the Walter's Greenhouse tent sale which will be next door on Thur-Sat for the next 5-6 weeks. Cafe Asia 2 has a menu that includes a generous selection of lunch specials for under $10. I ordered the Szechuan beef for $8.75 which include soup or salad. I got the sweet 'n sour soup which was served very hot, which I like. I found it too salty but I don't use salt much and maybe I'm overly sensitive. The main course was perfect however, and the beefsteak ample and very tender, delicious with the fried rice accompanying it. My sister got one of the several chicken dishes for $7.75 and pronounced it delicious too. She got a very nice salad, no iceberg. I've never been disappointed here. Previous visits, got the tempura shrimp, very tasty. I love the service of the hot hand cloths before and after the meal. I also like the metal chop sticks they provide - not throw-away cutlery.

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

I am a local and have been coming to Cafe Asia 2 since they've opened 3 years ago.

The suishi is always incredibly fresh (prepared by trained suishi chefs) and the menu has something for everyone and is truly authentic from many Asian cultures.

Owner Fong Chen and his great staff treat you like family when you dine here. Dishes are always consistent, drinks & desserts come with a special flare.
... and then there's Tamago dipped in Unagi sauce with Shizo leaf! Best restaurant in town.