“Delicious Chinese food!”

Red Palace
Ranked #68 of 535 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

We got here about 4pm on a Friday. They didn’t have the supper selections out just yet, but they had the soups & salads. We both had some hot & sour soup — it was delicious! They then put out the rest of the food. The crab Rangoon & spring rolls were amazing. Everything was very fresh & hot. It was one of the best Chinese restaurants I’ve eaten at in a long time!! Oh and our waiter was so sweet!

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Could not have eaten at a better place for Valentines Day. Best Chinese restaurant we’ve eaten at in quiet awhile. My husband did great this Valentines Day. Great food, great atmosphere and great service. Will definitely dine there again.

Reviewed January 23, 2018

I was very pleased with the lunch buffet at Red Palace Valley View the other day. My favorites were the ginger chicken wings (a little spicy but that is the way I like them) and sweet and sour chicken. The waiter was very good, he was able to keep my husband's soda filled! They are located across the Johnson & Curran Optomery building on Valley View Blvd.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

My wife and I tried this again the other day. The food was good but unfortunately it is cold. We tend to get to the restaurant at about 11:30 AM for lunch. It would seem that the food was perhaps made the day before then the following morning put on the buffet and allowed to heat from the buffet. Needless to say, it is not hot. Again, it is good, not hot. Easy fix, take the temperature before putting it on the buffet. The buffet keeps it hot, it is not meant to heat it up. 40 to 140...anything in between is dangerous.

Reviewed January 13, 2018

This a buffet--but you wouldn't know it from the food--a very good buffet. The steamed dumplings are very good as is the spicy dipping sauce. The Generals Tso chicken is excellent. Chicken skewers were fresh and seasoned just right. My wife had the fish which was surprisingly fresh and tender, flaky and hot. Lo mein was delicious.