“Great place!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

First of all this is a traditional Japanese Steakhouse where the food is prepard infront of you. My husband, son(1 year old), and I visited this restaurant on vacation. The baseball game was cancelled so we had some time. The service was excellent. The hostess ask if we wanted our sons highchair placed between us for convienance. The service was prompt and the environment was clean and neat. The cook was very easy to understand and courteous. He even asked if the baby was okay with fire before he lit the grill. We had a great time. Be warned there is an 18% mandatory tip added to your bill. As with any Japanese Steakhouse the price is a more than an usual steakhouse because it is basically food and a show. The food was very good, high quality and prepared well. Nothing bad to say.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

Excellent hibachi lunch menu with the choice of 4 meats: pork, steak, chicken and shrimp. Choice of fried or steamed rice, side veggie and salad or soup. Excellent lunch for the price. The waitress was very friendly and took good care of us. Will be back.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank lifeisgoodatthelake
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

Attractive hibachi style restaurant with very friendly service and some weeknight specials. Our kids, ages 3 and 7, were fascinated and part of a mainly adult group. Call ahead for reservations on weekends. Sushi also available.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

Came here on a Friday evening. Not a wait at all for the dine-in area. We were in a crunch for time so the dine-in option without the hibachi show was a great option. Our waitress was super friendly and quick. When we asked for some extra white sauce it was no problem and came right out. Food was delicious and fresh. I got the steak and shrimp hibachi and my husband got the teriyaki chicken. Portion sizes were adequate for the price. Will definitely go back next time we are in Roanoke.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have always loved eating here, but the last time we went the waitress was very rude. In fact, she's never been that nice to us. This past time, however, we ordered and when we were finished, she slammed our menus and then walked away talking under her tongue about us.
Then, I watched the sushi chef wipe his nose and keep making sushi without cleaning his hands. All in all, my appetite was lost, and I was extremely upset about how we were treated.
But, I love the food. It is delicious. The waitress, however, it rude and should be fired.

Date of visit: February 2017