“Amazing Chicken!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed April 13, 2015

Went to grab a bite to eat and I have to say it was the Best fried chicken! Be careful, it's served fresh out the fryer I actually burned my lip. I had 3 wing meal with Mac and cheese and a glass of sweet tea. They also have broiled option and lots of veggies to choose from. If you are in the market remake sure you try it. Meal for 2 including tip..... under $25.

Reviewed April 1, 2015

When you work in downtown Roanoke I feel restaurants should provide fast service. A coworker and I ate here the other day and there were only 3 tables including ours with people at them. We were seated rather quickly, but we wait at least 10 minutes before anyone even came over to our table. The food was average (I had the chicken strips and my friend had the meatloaf) , nothing to really rave about. We were hoping the mac and cheese was homemade, but no such luck

Reviewed March 23, 2015

Being from Savannah, GA, I sometimes find myself wanting a little taste of "home". Nothing says soul food like southern fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, and sweet tea. Thelmas brings the heart of the deep south right to your table in Roanoke. Everything I have eaten here is spot on! Their staple dish " chicken and waffles" is perfect in every way. If you're not in the mood for breakfast foods, don't let the name fool you, there are plenty of other items on the menu. If you're looking for a taste of the south, Thelmas is the place to go!

Reviewed March 17, 2015

I have enjoyed Thelma's chicken on several occaisions and they always hit the spot!! The staff is very attentive and frequents your table to gauge your satisfaction. For some, the combination of chicken & waffles is unusual.
For many, the combination is really tasty and recommended!!

Reviewed March 15, 2015

I had never had chicken and waffles, OMG best meal I have eaten in a long time from any restaurant. Food is very good, atmosphere is good, service is good. plan to wait but well worth the wait. i can see why this restaurant is crowded. Will definitely eat here again!

1  Thank canwetango