“Large but accomodating.”

Devils Backbone Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Roseland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We pour fresh craft beer from our 16 taps and our pub menu specializes in oak wood -fired smoked dishes and local fare. We are dog friendly - dogs must be on a leash and stay in our designated pet area in the Meadows. Fast-casual is available at the outside Oak Grill along with beer and wine at the Outdoor Bar. The Summit is open Monday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday 7am-12noon serving specialty coffee and made to order breakfast.Sundays The Summit is open 7am-1pm serving specialty coffee and made to order breakfast, brunch and our famous Bloody Mary Bar. The Shanty opens Thursday, Friday and Saturdays 3pm-close, pouring specialty cocktails & featuring whiskey along with Devils Backbone beers.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The brewpub and restaurant was very large, so it had plenty of room for our a group of six. We went for dinner on a Friday.
Three people got the pork tenderloin special, which was excellent. One had the burger, which was good. One friend and I had the chicken noodle soup - quite good. I also tasted a side of mashed potatoes, which were bland.
We had the black lager and a "caramelized malt" porter, the exact name of which I forget, and three IPA's. I don't like any IPA's, so I wouldn't be a good judge if I had tried them.
Loved the porter, liked the black lager a lot.
Several flights were had, which are a great way to see what you like and everyone found at least three beers they liked.

The campus has several areas that we couldn't check out due to time and rain. I will go back.

All reviews
"hikers"
"mountains"
"performance"

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Lunch there after touring a couple wineries. Neat building. Decided on Nachos with pulled pork and they were Hugh and very good.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Visited this place twice over the holiday weekend! Partly because other breweries closed early or we had a horrible experience at another. The beer here is pretty good and the selection is even better! We sat in at the restaurant the first night and ate at The Smokehouse (aka quick service) the second night. The food was good on both accounts, but nothing to write home about. They definitely need more cornhole boards, since people like to hog more than one so they can have a “tournament” between themselves. They have a fire pit people can pull a chair up to, and there is plenty of seating. The bathrooms needed to be tended to, but nothing horrible. The food service both nights could have been a little faster, but with it being a busy, holiday weekend I can understand the slowness. Overall, I highly recommend!

Reviewed August 28, 2018

My husband and I made a last minute decision to go to the Lockn’ music festival for a day. On the Lockn’ site, Devils Backbone was listed as a nearby campground. Since the reservation system was on Reserve America, I assumed it was a state park and booked it purely on it’s proximity to the festival. We were blown away when we got there. This place is seriously amazing. We started with two nights booked and ended up staying four. If it we didn’t have to leave, we probably would have booked more! I would call it my slice of heaven!

The campground at Devils Backbone has only been open a month. We had a huge pull through site with full hook-ups. The location is spacious, quiet and serene. The bath houses are very clean with large showers. There are also trees surrounding the park with ample space to walk dogs. Close to the campground are lots of outdoor activities. I particularly enjoyed the Crabtree Falls hike. There are also many breweries and cideries around the area to explore.

The huge plus of the campground, however, is that it is walking distance to the Devils Backbone Basecamp Brewpub & Meadows. Words don’t give justice to how great this place is! The facility has a restaurant serving lunch and dinner, a coffee shop for breakfast, an outdoor bar, a grill serving the outside seating areas, distillery, fire pit, stage with live music, gift shop, plenty of places to lounge, etc. etc. We ate multiple meals and enjoyed many beverages on site. There is a wide selection of beers for every palate. I particularly liked the IPA’s and sours. They also have simply decadent cocktails at the distillery. I will be craving the daiquiri I had there for a long time! The vegetables are grown on site and they smoke their own meats. Every meal exceeded my expectations! They have a selection of sandwiches, burgers, platters, salads and appetizers. We also appreciated the cost friendly and yummy $3.50 breakfast biscuit sandwiches with coffee in the mornings. My favorite dessert was the DB loaded sundae, which had a plethora of my favorite toppings. My husband’s favorite dessert was the homemade banana pudding, with chunks of bananas and crumbles. The staff was so friendly and would go out of their way to talk to us to make sure we were having a good time. Special thanks to Greg for all of your suggestions! Thanks to Jamie for going out of your way to help us when we had some RV issues.

We have travelled across the United States and have stayed at many RV parks. This park takes camping to a whole new level. I wouldn’t even call this a campground, I would call it a resort! My only regret is that this is not closer to my house. I would love to introduce my friends and family to this experience! Thanks so much Devils Backbone! We had a great time! I hope other campgrounds follow in your path!