“Underperformed Given How New This Property Is” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ruckersville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Underperformed Given How New This Property Is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Pros: Building is new and rooms / amenities were hands and shoulders better than any other Best Western I've ever seen. Location is convenient to the Charlottesville Airport and Dunkin' Doughnuts in the parking lot made for a good cup of coffee in the AM. By staying 12 miles north of Charlottesville, rates are definitely lower, especially on busy weekends in the spring / fall.

Cons: While the building / amenities are above the Best Western standard, the staff and breakfast certainly were not. Tepid response at reception, this might have just been our experience. The breakfast was a real let down - other than a few spoiled bananas, every other offering was processed carbs or meat. Not sure why it its necessary to have 14 different kinds of bread / pastries / pancakes / waffles with so little selection of anything remotely healthy.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jumpniner
jillianp1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your stay at our hotel. I apologize that the staff did not provide the level of service you should expect. We pride ourselves on providing superior customer care and wanted to assure you that your experience is definitely not the level of service we are known for. Additionally, I am uncertain as to the date of your stay but the hotel is constantly revising our breakfast offerings to better accomodate our guests. More recently, we have added vanilla yogurt with mixed berries and granola. The hotel also offers ruby red grapefruit, apples, bananas, oatmeal, and many other health conscious items including low fat breakfast sandwiches. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we use these suggestions to continually improve our services/amenities. We hope you will consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Jillian Peatross

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed at this Best Western about a year ago. It was in the summer and at night the AC kept shutting off. It was so hot in the room that we couldn't sleep. We were told that it was an energy saving method and that as long as we were not moving around the room the AC would shut off.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Donna589
bend,OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

This hotel was decent, clean, looked great, friendly staff and a good breakfast. My only regret is getting the suite w/king bed. Those rooms flank the elevator and the vending room. So every few minutes I heard the ice machine and the elevator. The noises came from the bathroom which shared the wall with the vending room and the elevator. Very annoying when you are trying to sleep. Especially when you paid more money for the king suite !!

The king suite was VERY SPACIOUS, I was traveling with our 2 sons (10&8) and the pull out sofa bed was great for them (it's a double size FYI). It was nice having my own room/space.

Room Tip: Ask if the king suite is near the elevator/vending room. If they have other locations (I don't...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank justthe4ofus
We appreciate your taking the time to do a review for our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed the King Suite accomodations. Though, I certainly apologize that you were unhappy with noise. Due to the layout of the hotel, all of the king suites are in an L shape located around/behind the elevators and ice machines. The hotel, being a newer constructed building, did put double the required insulation and dry wall to minimize noise from these areas into the room. Should you return to the area, might I suggest a Queen suite as an alternative? These rooms have a single queen bed with a half wall open to the living room area with the full size pull out sleeper sofa. They are also located at the ends of the hallways, a significant distance away from the elevators. We hope to see you again soon.

Jillian M. Peatross
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

There used to be a Best Western in Charlottesville itself, but this one is still pretty close. Real big rooms, even larger than most Best Westerns I've stayed at. Some hotels cram two queen beds in such a tight space, you can barely maneuver. But this one had two beds, a desk, and a lounge chair, all with plenty of room to move around freely.

Breakfast was a little weak, but the comfortable Serta mattresses more than made up for it. I only slept 5 hours before waking up on my own feeling fully rested. They have a HUGE fitness center downstairs, almost as good as going to a gym.

Definitely worth a stay if you ever find yourself in the Charlottesville area.

Room Tip: WiFi connectivity seems to be stronger on the north-side of the building.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jillianp1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Being in a rural area, we are constantly tweaking our internet access/bandwidth to provide the best possible service and will be doing another complete restructure next week to improve our wireless network even more. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 434-985-1855.

Jillian Peatross
BEST WESTERN PLUS Charlottesville Airport Inn & Suites
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Called pretty last minute, nice lady on the phone informed me that if I were to wait until 7am(1 more hour) that I would bee able to check in and only pay 1 night. Great! I had planned on paying for two. On arrival the rude manager at the front desk said no, I had to wait until 10am to check in, regardless of what I had been told only hours before. When I then offered to pay for two nights I made no progress, she genuinely did not care, rooms available and here I am, trying to sleep in the -- parking lot after my 12 hour drive. I expect this at a motel 6, but best western? What am I trying in vain to pay for again?

• Stayed March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ramblinger
jillianp1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to sincerely apologize as it sounds as if there was some miscommunication regarding your attempting to check in yesterday morning. The hotel was almost completely sold out the night before and when you came in to attempt to check in at 7am, we did not have a room available to check you in to. As we cannot predict what time people may check out or how long it may take housekeeping to clean the room, we offered to check you in anytime after 10AM with no extra charge as a courtesy, even though the hotel check-in time is after 3PM. I can appreciate this was not the most favorable solution as you stated you had been driving and were very tired, but it was the only solution we were able to offer at the time. Please contact me directly at 434-985-1855 if I can assist you further. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back to our area.

Jillian M. Peatross
Danville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

This being a last min reservation I really didn't know what I would be getting, However it was GREAT !!! The woman at the desk when we checked in (at 9:30pm) was very nice. The clerk greeted us warmly and with a smile. The room was perfect,clean and perfect temp. The beds were so comfortable we thought we had slept at home. The linens were so soft you forgot you were staying in a hotel. My husband and I loved the pillows so much we ended up buying some from the front desk :) The breakfast was beyond most anything I have seen in a hotel. If in this area again we WILL go back !!!! The gym is unreal :) You have to see everything for yourself you will not be let down....

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Stoneboro, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Every time we go to visit relatives in Ruckersville we stay here. The first time we stayed there was when they first opened and the bed was so comfortable that we keep going back. Even after several years, the beds are still the most comfortable we've ever slept in. Rooms are hotel are always very clean and the staff have always been friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruckersville
12.2 km away
Lafayette Inn and Restaurant
Lafayette Inn and Restaurant
#1 of 1 in Stanardsville
16.9 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlo...
#1 of 35 in Charlottesville
12.0 km away
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesv...
#12 of 35 in Charlottesville
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,292 reviews
15.5 km away
No photo provided
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte...
#15 of 35 in Charlottesville
15.2 km away
Courtyard Charlottesville North
Courtyard Charlottesville North
#22 of 35 in Charlottesville
25.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express Orange

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville? Share your experiences!