“Average..subpar...”
Review of Days Inn Salem

Days Inn Salem
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Basic and moderately clean. The cleaning crew were throwing sheets on the outdoor staircases ( no elevators) making it particularly dangerous to carry luggage to and from your room. Its nice to see their linens are so cared for! My bf and I were checking out and U noticed what may have been a cultural difference. I had said thank you to the hotel worker and did not even get a smile in response and my boyfriend said the same a few seconds later...resulting in a big smile and a your welcome! Perhaps women are inferior in indian culture.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Average, tidy but not sparkling clean. Typical Days Inn breakfast, but we went across the street to the IHOP since it sounded better. It's near a grocery store and gas station, which is nice if you're on a road trip and need somewhere basic to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amamuhiore
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Everyone was VERY nice to us at this hotel, and the hotel was clearly still undergoing some updates (fresh paint smell permeated the bathroom), but you should be warned that the hotel rooms may not be as clean as they seem upon first glance. Around 10.30 at night, my mother and I first discovered two babies cockroaches in the bathroom, and by 5am the adult had decided to appear. One of the babies had been squished on the tiling, yet this had not been cleared out before my family arrived to stay in the room. We believe the problem may be the ventilation system, which was visibly old and outdated (and dirty). It's possible that this problem is unique, as I don't see any other reviewers mentioning it, but you should be forewarned. Although, as noted, everyone working at the hotel was VERY nice (especially the breakfast buffet lady--though, needless to say, we only ate the pre-packaged breakfast foods).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank vgnhippie
Reviewed 17 August 2011

This was a pet friendly, very clean, nice breakfast, and nice size room with microwave, refrigerator,cable and wi fi. I enjoyed my stay It was a nice place to take a walk and feel safe. It had many stores in walking distance for food, or anything else you may need

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelerNat
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Hotel was very clean&comfortable.Very convenient to I-81.The staff was very helpful.Breakfast was very good.nice shopping center right accross the street.Nice and clean rooms,bed was comfortable.we'll see you in next visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank c4u_fine
Reviewed 14 April 2011

We traveled here with a youth volleyball team for a tournament. It was a good value, the room was clean and the shower hot. It is the "outside door" style property... so a bit more noise and some people just don't care for those. It is older, but not rundown. The lobby/lounge area where breakfast is served is newer and breakfast was good. All in all a good place if you are at a tournament or event and not hanging around the hotel all day... sleep, shower, eat breakfast and go.

Room Tip: They offered us a very good team/group rate
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AllBasketballReview
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Traveling from the east coast I was tired and needed desperately to sleep. All the hotels in the area were booked due to the wrestling match that was going on in the city. I called Days inn and they informed me that they only had one room left which was handicapped and smoking. I decided to take it although I do not smoke and am not handicapped. After a 12 hour car ride I was exhausted. I paid for the room and unloaded my bags. When I walked into this room I thought I was in a "CRACK HOUSE!" The lamps were shredding with tears in them. The carpet filthy. There was mold in both the bedroom ceiling and bathroom ceiling. I was afraid I was going to catch something so I slepted in my clothing I was wearing. The rail for the handicapped bar in the bathroom was put on with a two by four that looked like a little kid put it up. The molding around the ceiling was parcially missing. The floor FILTHY. I paid $98.00 for this crack house room. I contacted the chain via email and was told someone would call me by today. I have yet to hear anything. This place discriminates against handicapped people. I feel sorry for anyone that is desperate enough to stay here. You really have to be desperate. Today after reviewing my credit card, I noticed another charge from the same city for $52.00 that I did not authorize for a store nearby. WOW! Motel six is a palace compared to this dump! I hope this helps. I also have pictures of the disgusting hell I endured.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business