All reviews waffles room was clean drive miles biscuits hard boiled eggs sausage no elevator the rooms were nice first floor non smoking my home away from home hot breakfast regular room nice stay a ground floor room easy chair check in was easy
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I stay here quite a few times a year because of events at Virginia Tech. The location is very near an exit off of I-81and is easy to find. It has always been clean, comfortable and the overall property is kept in very good condition. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. There are always a wide variety of breakfast items available and the person in charge of that area is friendly and she keeps the area clean and well stocked.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John L
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words John! The staff and I love having you and your wife come stay with us. I know that Shawn especially loves to see your name on our arrivals list, she loves getting to converse with you guys. I really appreciate you helping me find tickets for next week's game, hopefully we run into each other at the Cassell. We look forward to your next stay and hope it will be as great as the others!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The service was excellent,our room was very clean. The bed very comfortable and the bathroom,which is where I usually "nit-pick" apart,exceeded my expectations. We enjoyed the breakfast and the kindness

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam W
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you so much for the response. We do strive to keep an exceptionally clean hotel as is reflected by our back to back 2013 and 2014 Gold Awards from Choice Hotels. Please stop by any time that you are in the valley.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Hospitality was outstanding and easy access to places I needed to go, shopping and restaurants.

The ride to the airport was only ten minutes. There were many choices to suit all requirements at the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank ConnieG95624

Thank you very much for the great review! Our number one concern is our guests and we want to be sure to satisfy each and every one. Please come back and see us the next time you are in the valley.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

A real value for the price. Rooms are nicely appointed and clean, bedding was excellent and the breakfast was very good. This hotel has exterior corridors which I normally avoid but Salem is a very quiet and safe little community near Roanoke.

Room Tip: First floor is most convenient
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have shared your insight with my staff and we hope to see you staying with us again when you visit. I really appreciate the great comment about the exterior corridors, that is our only objection we ever have with a lot of guests. We are lucky to live in a safe area, however, we also do rounds every hour as well as having the property well equipped with video surveillance.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Please see my note below. Great staff from owner down. Based on 10 - 15 years of experience. Clean rooms, outstanding breakfast. Adjacent to good restaurants and good shopping and low gas prices. Always willing to work with you.

Room Tip: Stayed here 6 times a year for Virginia Tech football games over past 10-15 years. Very friendly and accommodating staff from owner down. Highly recommend. If you have special events, really believe they will work with you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank John B

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words Mr. Brown! I really enjoyed getting to know all of our Virginia Tech regulars this year. The staff here is very grateful to have the owner that we have. I have worked for a few hospitality outfits in the valley and can say from experience that our ownership is the best. I am already looking forward to next year's winning football season and also the greatest group of VT fans coming through the valley!!