“Close to the Veterans Administration.”
Review of Szechuan Chinese

Szechuan Chinese
Ranked #14 of 112 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed August 17, 2017

After a long morning at the VA, we were very hungry. As we headed out not knowing anything about where to eat in Salem we spotted this restaurant. The buffet must be the draw. The place was very busy most headed to fill their plates from the buffet. We ordered off the menu. The hot and sour soup was a bit on the vinegar taste. I had a vegetable dish which was very nice (from the lunch specials) which CD and with an egg roll. The egg roll was crispy, but no dipping sauces were offered. My partner had sauteed green beans. Again very well prepared. Worth the trip!

Reviewed August 9, 2017

Good place, locals seem to enjoy it. The food is good and Chinese, good selection not as broad as some others in the valley.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

So I ordered fresh steamed vegetables and extra spicy curried chicken. What I got was Extra mushy old veggies left over from the lunch buffet and some no flavor mushy breaded frozen microwave chicken with frozen peas and carrots and a yellow canned sauce they were trying to pass off as curry. If your in your 90's and have no taste buds and want a buffet go for it. If you want real fresh food, Keep driving.

Reviewed January 30, 2017

The food and service were great, however, the prices are too high for this level of restaurant. I won't be going back due to the prices.

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

We had delivery to the hotel and we were thankful. Wonton soup was very hot, but the filling was weird texture and the broth was oily. We ordered 3 egg rolls and ate 1/2 of 1. They were disappointing. The shrimp and vegetables in garlic sauce was okay. I didn't see any jumbo shrimp and the shrimp didn't taste fresh either. A little greasy, but acceptable. General chicken was good. All in all, I would try something else. I was disappointed.

Been to Szechuan Chinese? Share your experiences!