“Great Ribs!”

Famous Anthony's
Ranked #16 of 112 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 12, 2017

On the road and passed through Salem, Virginia. The hotel recommended this place and I'm glad they did.

Very casual atmosphere. You would feel comfortable in a t-shirt and jeans.

Waitress was very attentive.

We opted for the BBQ plate (pulled pork BBQ, coleslaw, fruit) and my wife had a chicken salad plate with two good scoops of chicken salad, tomatoes, cucumber and some fruit. Both were excellent.

There is much on the menu: my BBQ plate was $7.29, wings are $7.29, mac and cheese is $4.79, a variety of salads like grilled chicken for $6.69 and chili taco for $6.69, fish and shrimp for $8.99, 1/2 pound bourbon chopped beefsteak, Italian dishes, lo carb options, wraps, burgers from $4 to $7 and then there's Anthony's Famous Subs for $6 to $7.

Beer was cold. Price was reasonable. What else can you ask for?!

Reviewed March 13, 2017

Good food and great prices with a lot to choose from on the menu. Service and atmosphere is good also. My favorite is the grilled chicken salad with honey bacon dressing.

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

I couldn't believe how reasonable prices at this restaurant. Really! I ordered the chopped steak and it was pretty good. My wife got the salmon-also pretty good. So why am I giving a '5' rating?? The prices, dude!

Reviewed March 3, 2017 via mobile

Good prices for average food. I can see why locals love it here and others stopping in off the interstate dislike the dining experience. I've had some really good meals and others left me thinking this sucks! Although, if you ask my 15 year old son about the all you can eat spaghetti he loves it!! I personally think they should invest in better quality ingredients and increase their prices.

Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

We were passing through Salem and stopped at Famous Anthony's on the recommendation of a friend. We weren't disappointed. Our server was exceptionally friendly and attentive. My spaghetti was tasty and my friend's steak, though a bit overcooked, was still good. Prices were very reasonable for the serving size. I'd consider our experience diner-style food with five-star service! We will go again - maybe for breakfast next time as I hear that's their speciality.

Been to Famous Anthony's? Share your experiences!