“Food and service are both quite good.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sakura Japanese Steak & Seafd
Ranked #25 of 113 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 10, 2015

A relaxed atmosphere, the service is good and the food is very good. I especially like the steak and shrimp combo. Each meal includes soup, a salad and the main dish includes nice vegetables, rice and sauces. Very good value.

Reviewed June 18, 2015

We chose this place for our one meal after reading the reviews. It was definitely not crowded! The food was very good and well presented. My husband and I shared a dish with three proteins and it was more than enough for the two of us. But make sure you tip as if you had gotten two meals! Go ahead and order a Japanese soft drink. The bottle is very interesting and I dare you to try to open it without reading the directions!
The servers and host were very attentive and ensured we had a good meal.
As noted in previous reviews, the decor is a bit worn but that does not detract from the food or the hospitality.

Reviewed June 5, 2015

The fish is so fresh and healthy. You can sit at the sushi bar. If you take in a page from Google of Japanese words, you will be disappointed. The sushi chef, cashier and waitress are Chinese. Knee how. Shay, shay. Hello. Thank you.

Thank G.l. M
Reviewed May 28, 2015

This is Japanese teppanyaki style food without the drama of the show. Just good food. No one sitting at your table that you don't know. No flying shrimp. No onion Volcanos no clanging and banging of spatulas and knives.
The decor could stand to be updated , and the chairs are not the most comfortable but again consistently great food.
They start you off with a hot cup of broth with some mushroom pieces then a small bowl of salad with ginger dressing. Next they bring a bowl of brown rice and your entree.Entrees are cooked just like you want. if you want your steak medium thats what you'll get. The hibachi Shrimp has a large number of shrimp making it a good value.

Reviewed April 2, 2015

My friend has a limited amount of time for lunch so I called ahead and the gentleman who answered the phone was very concerned about the quality of the food and whether or not it would be hot when we arrived. Little did he need to worry.

This was my first time there and my first impression was that they take great pride in their facility. The chairs were precision perfect and the tables where not crowded together. Overall, a very comfortable place to sit.

The food is at our table, covered and still hot and fresh. He immediately brought the soup and salad and beverages.

We both had the fish lunch special. A long thin slice of fish, cooked to a crispiness I've never seen before. It was a little difficult to cut with a fork but had a wonderful flavor. The vegetables were perfectly cooked and seasoned but there were two yummy sauces on the table. One was ginger and one was Yum Yum. Both were a little sweet but again, delicious.

The rice was brown which I don't normally care for, but again, it was nicely seasoned and very good.

Overall, I would recommend to anyone and look forward to going back very soon.

1  Thank tizzlizz

Been to Sakura Japanese Steak & Seafd? Share your experiences!