“Took great care of rerouted air traveler”

Richmond Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed 22 July 2015

I was impressed with the excellent service I received when I stayed here because AMerican Airlines had to reroute my trip. AMerican gave me a voucher for a room, and two meals. The room that this hotel put me in was amazing and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. THey even had a shuttle to take me from the airport to the hotel and then had one waiting for me the next morning to take me back to the airport. Food in their restaurant was delicious.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank yarnwoman
ServiceandQuality, General Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words and review of our hotel and the service you received. We are always glad to be able to help travelers whose plans are disrupted and need a place to stay until the situation is resolved and they can be on their way. I am pleased that you found our property to be that "port in a storm" - so to speak - that you needed. I trust you will visit us by choice the next time your travels bring you to the Richmond area. If I can be of service to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me at dave.richmondairporthotel@gmail.com or at (804) 226-6400. I am at your service. Dave Johnson, General Manager.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

Hotel was nicer than other hotel in the area. Very close to the airport...Our first was very hot, nice lady Deanna so kindly change our room. There was a live jazz band one night during our stay... Full breakfast buffet and dinner...$10. Pool, business center, room service...nice for the price...

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
ServiceandQuality, General Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and your stay with us. I am always very pleased to hear that our guests have enjoyed their time at our property. We shall continue to strive to be worthy of your praise as we enter a new phase and update our rooms and facilities. I am also glad to hear that our staff was able to quickly and satisfactorily address the one issue that did arise - your initial room being too warm, it is our goal to do all we can as quickly as we can to correct any shortcomings any of our guests encounter. Thank you again for taking the time to write such a positive review, and for allowing us to meet your hospitality needs while you were in the Richmond area. If I can be of any further assistance to you, I am at your service. You may contact me at either (804) 226-6400 or dave.richmondairporthotel@gmail.com.

Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

This is a pretty basic place. The location is very convenient as it is only about 1 minute from the airport. Bed was comfy and shower had good water pressure. It was kinda blah overall but at $100 the price is a good value for a one night stopover.

Stayed: July 2015

Thank you very much for your kind words about our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with your accommodations. We do find that our location is a great benefit to our guests, being as close as we are to many conveniences - particularly the airport itself - does make everything about being away from home a little easier to bear. Your notes about our Friday night "Jazz Nights" were most excellent, and I believe they will serve other travelers that are headed our way for a weekend stay. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of service to you in any way in the future at either dave.richmondairporthotel@gmail.com or (804) 226-6400. My best wishes to you for safe and uneventful travel in your future.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

Staff was friendly and knowledgeable of area. Hotel is about a ten minutes drive from shopping center and eateries. I stayed in room with king size bed. It has a living room with sofa bed and all the other furnishings like home which is separate from bedroom. A true plus. Outside pool and hot tub are small. The hotel has a party every Friday night with great music.Check in is 3P and Check out is 12p. Rates are a little higher than the motels on Highway 60. I was satisfied with my stay. Its a smoke free hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on floors 3-5 are quieter only because of Friday party 7p-11p off lobby in restaurant area.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review of our property during your recent stay with us. Your input is greatly appreciated, and we will include it in our upcoming renovation to improve the overall quality of our rooms and services. I do hope you were able to get assistance from our staff to help you with some of the issues you encountered, particularly the lack of visible coffee availability. We do have coffee available whenever the restaurant is open, but it is something that is "by request" once our breakfast hours are complete. So should your travels bring you back to our property, please do not hesitate to ask about anything you are having trouble finding, we will do all we can to get whatever you are looking for into your hands as quickly as possible - if at all possible. Best wishes for safe travel. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at either (804) 226-6400 or dave.richmondairporthotel@gmail.com.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Nice spacious rooms, dark bathrooms, no microwave, small refrigerator, of which the door wouldn't stay closed - wouldn't hold much of anything. Restaurant didn't have much to choose from during lunch, but the breakfast buffet offered both hot and cold food for about $10.
I was here for an all day class on a Sat and Sunday, couldn't find coffee anywhere after breakfast hours.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
ServiceandQuality, General Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2015

I do apologize for the issues you encountered while staying at our hotel. Please rest assured that had we known about the in-room problems you had, we would have immediately addressed and corrected them. In addition, we do have coffee available throughout the day, it is readily available for the asking, we just do not leave it out after our breakfast hours. I am sorry that this policy caused you to do without something that you wished to have. I do hope that, should your travels bring you back to our area, you would give us another opportunity to serve you. I trust you will have pleasant and safe travels. If I can be of service to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me at dave.richmondairporthotel@gmail.com, or by phone at (804) 226-6400.
Dave Johnson, General Manager.

Reviewed 4 June 2015 via mobile

This hotel was downgraded from Doubletree and I see why. Sales staff was unorganized and could not keep up with want they proposed on contact. Once event got close to date thing started changing. Instead of saying that they could not accommodate our needs they left us out to dry. Event went on but not to our standard. Will not do business with them again

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
ServiceandQuality, General Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

I am truly sorry that your event did not go as you had hoped, this appears to have occurred due to a breakdown in communication between our Sales staff and your organization's representative. It appears some of the requests/expectations that the representative had were not possible to meet due to our corporate practices and guidelines - which were made clear in the contract that was signed, but which were not clearly understood by your representative and, thus, created a problem. We do sincerely apologize. We will incorporate your feedback into our materials so that future groups will not encounter a similar difficulty and disappointment.

Reviewed 30 May 2015 via mobile

Terrible hotel. I can see why it was down graded from the doubletree to a no brand hotel. 1st room I was given was not cleaned. Towels on floor in the bathroom from last guest bed not made. Second room had a broken air conditioner. Avoid this hotel at all costs. Front desk staff is clueless.

Stayed: May 2015
ServiceandQuality, General Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2015

Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced when staying at our hotel recently. We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms to all our guests, and we clearly missed that goal during your stay. There is no excuse for the housekeeping issues you encountered. I can only say that such conditions are the exception, not the rule. And while it is unfortunate, air conditioners and all other mechanical devices do occasionally fail, and while we strive to attend to them as quickly as possible, sometimes they cease functioning and we are not aware of the problem until some poor, unsuspecting guest - such as yourself, in this case - comes upon them and reports it. I regret that you encountered these problems in two consecutive rooms. As we are now under new ownership, we hope that all such issues can be considered bygones of a past era, and the future will see even fewer rooms and guests with such problems.
I do again apologize to you for the inconvenience and unhappiness you endured while at our property. If you have further needs or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dave.richmondairporthotel@gmail.com or at (804) 226-6400. I trust your further travels will be safe and pleasant for one and all. Sincerely, Dave Johnson, General Manger.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
0.9 km away
1.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport
2.1 km away
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport

Been to Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!