All reviews richmond airport an early morning flight fitness center bruce shuttle desk rates convenience midnight
Reviewed October 13, 2015

Friendly staff and close to the airport. I stayed here for a quick overnight stay, as my flight arrived at 1am and I figured I would stay close to the airport, hitting the road in the morning. I called the shuttle when I landed and it arrived quickly. The driver was courteous and helpful. Check-in was easy and quick. The hotel is a little dated and due for a major update, but I was able to get a good nights sleep without issue. That morning, I ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant. I selected the full buffet with hot foods, but was disappointed that omelets aren't included in that buffet and needed to be ordered separately. Other than that wrinkle, it was a decent stay.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
DawnAGM, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2015

Thank you so much for the kind review and wonderful compliments about our team. We strive to provide superior service and we are so pleased you are happy with your stay with us. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Richmond International Airport area!

Reviewed October 11, 2015

I did a Stay and Park recently at this hotel. I had been told of a poor review before arriving. I asked to see the room before checking in. The room was clean and acceptable.
This hotel needs some updating, but the staff, who have all been there for many years have a love for this place and their guests. They go above and beyond to try and make your stay as good as possible.
For the cost, it is good! I will stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed October 8, 2015

Staff is friendly. The hotel is a dive. Gave us the creeps with all the cob webs and the stained sheets. The shuttle picked us up in 5 minutes.. The lobby was dated, the elevator was grimy and our room was not clean

1  Thank LBP572015

I do again apologize to you for the inconvenience and unhappiness you endured while at our property. If you have further needs or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dave.richmondairporthotel@gmail.com or at (804) 226-6400. I trust your further travels will be safe and pleasant for one and all. Sincerely, Dave Johnson, General Manger.

Reviewed October 4, 2015

Recently stayed at the hotel and had a good experience. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Rooms were older, but clean and very comfortable. Very convenient to the airport, especially for early morning flights. Shuttle driver even offered to take us to the airport at 4:00 am.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
DawnAGM, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2015

Reviewed October 3, 2015

I've never had such a terrible hotel experience that I've been sufficiently motivated to write a bad review about it, but the management's response to the problems caused by their hotel is just appauling. This was supposed to be for a two night stay, which was entirely booked and paid for in advance. Because of weather delays I arrived in the morning instead of the night before, which is not the hotel's fault. However the Hotel decided to double book my room such that I had no room when I arrived. So dispite having already paid for a room in advance, they forced me to wait for the 3PM checkin time for my second night. At no point did they appolaugize for this or offer any kind of reimbursement for their failure to hold my room that was already completely paid for. Although I was disappointed, it was not this incident that caused me to contact management.

A business associate, who was booked for the exact same period and got his room, returned to the hotel so that I could use his room to change. Since I didn't want to carry extra clothes with me throughout the day, I keep them in his room a bag on the dressor directly in front of the TV. These were new clothes for this trip. We were together the whole day, when we returned later, we were surprised to find that my bag of new clothes had been taken from the room. I called the front desk staff right away and they said I'd need to talk to housekeeping on Monday. I contact Dave Johnson, the Richmond Airport Hotel's general manager, who reiterated that I needed to wait for the housekeeping supervisor to contact me, and who wouldn't be available until I was already home. When Dawn from housekeeping did call, it's a short call because she insists that my bag was never in the room to begin with. So it's back to Dave Johnson, who checks the security locks and confirms that noone other than housekeeping went into the room, so I ask him to replace the clothes that the hotel's staff lost. He offers $40 to make the problem go away, even though I tell him twice that $40 isn't enough to cover what the hotel's maids took and that he's still taking a huge profit because the hotel only gave me one night's stay when I paid for two (at $94/night plus tax).

Dave, if you read this, I want to make one thing very clear to you... Sure I'm annoyed that the hotel puts it's own greed in front of customer service, a good hotel should take steps to make things right when it's at fault as your hotel is here. But what I found really appauling is the way you, as the general manager, chose to respond by trivializing my experience at the hotel, and refusing even to appaulogize for any of the things your hotel should have handled better. A simple "I'm sorry for your experience at our hotel and I'll personally see to it that we take steps to make sure this won't happen again" would have gone a long way with me. Instead, the response from your staff and yourself was shameful. You would never stand for this treatment at another hotel, so why do you allow it to happen at yours? I'm stunned.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Louie G
ServiceandQuality, General Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2015

Dear Mr. G….

As to your room reservation, at 2:18 am on Sept 11th, with you not having arrived for your guaranteed reservation for Sept 10t or called us concerning it, the night auditor marked the room as a “no show”. Since you had pre-paid your reservation, the night auditor changed the reservation arrival date to Sept.11th. Later when you arrived and were checked in at 2:18 pm, the desk clerk (hearing your troubles with the airlines and you being upset that you lost out on the night before) marked your reservation not to be charged for the 10th. Since we have never charged the Dot.com you can call them to see if they will offer you an adjustment back. That would be up to them since you did not call them as indicated with their reservation policies!

Below is a recap of what occurred (from our emails) which shows the hotel went above and beyond for the items that were misplaced. As it shows, we took many steps to try to locate the items you are missing from your friends’ room where you thought you had left them.
--------------------------------------------
Good Morning!

Is it possible the person staying in the room with you could have picked them up and accidentally packed them with their clothes?

We want to exhaust all possibilities, and I also trust the employees assigned or they wouldn't be working for me. I will have our chief engineer read the lock and get back to me as well. Once I get all the info I will contact you again!
------------------
I only had one small carry-on luggage, which I needed to take with me to the track. I left all my clothes on the dresser in a plastic bag because I didn't want to carry them with me throughout the day. This included a collared shirt, a t-shirt, short pants, gym shorts, two pairs of socks, and two underwear.

I contacted the hotel again today and Kim called me back this afternoon. She said the housekeepers didn't find or take my bag of clothes, and she's trusted them for a long time. But it still seems possible to me that they might have taken them out accidentally with the trash without looking at the clothes inside. I feel awkward accusing the maids when they say it's not them, but really if it wasn't them, then it would mean that someone else had accessed the room. Is there video surveillance? Do the electronic locks keep a record of entry?
--------------------------
Our Chief Engineer read the lock and other than the card issued for the room, it was only entered once at 1:29 PM by the housekeeper and she did not see any white plastic bag. No other person entered the room.
---------------------------------
We have searched everywhere with no luck!

Even though the hotel is not responsible for such items, we are willing to either offer you a good faith gesture of either a check for $40.00 or a comp night stay (room and tax only) for a future date at our hotel (standard room one night) provided you make reservations for that directly through our hotel and ask for our Revenue Manager at 804-226-6400.

Please provide us with your mailing address and let us know which offer you wish to accept!

Thanks and have a great week!
------------------------------------------------------
Since none of our team members took your items left in the white trash bag or threw them away (that you mentioned the value of a few recently purchased and older clothes was $75.00) we more than compensated you with the good faith gesture of the $40.00 check and did not charge you the $84.13 from the no show/no call reservation on Sept 10th! It should be obvious that we have gone way above and beyond for you. You know that I did contact you myself by email on Sept 11th (that Saturday-the notes above under “Good Morning”) and was on top of the issue from the moment I was informed and was very professional and showed empathy to these items having been misplaced and we helped you try to find them every step of the way! Most hotels would have just said I’m sorry for your lost items and left it at that…we were just trying to be helpful!