Richmond Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Check in experienced was something to forget. Guest Agent had clearly just woken up and didn't bother to look in the mirror. Hair flat on the side and sticking up on the other (no! not the trendy hair style) shirt wrinkled and stained. Entrance and hallways looked dirty (piles of laundry along the way not in bags or containers). One of the beds in my room had the wrinkled used sheet from prior guest. The only good thing in this place is the bar. Bartender was well presented and attentive. food is decent, The Wings I order were burned the second day but still tasted good. nothing to write home about. Overall the hotel looks poorly maintained and managed. Will not stay again.

Room Tip: Check your room first. Housekeeping has no supervisors bed linen is not always changed.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
DawnMGR, Guest Relations Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

We’re sorry you were unhappy - we’ll work hard to fix the issue you experienced. Thanks for letting us know As we await our new company to begin renovating us to become a full service top Branded Name Hotel once again (most likely later this year and into 2018), we are constantly looking for ways to improve what we can (within our current control) and your ideas would greatly help! Please send any ideas, comments or questions to the attention of myself, Dave Johnson (General Manager). Thank you and we wish many happy memories of enjoyable travels for you in the future!

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Couldn't eat in the restaurant because it was jazz night and children weren't allowed, toilet in room above us was leaking someone came to "fix it" it wasn't fixed and was dripping over our toilet . They said they didn't have another room for us so we had to use an umbrella when we used the toilet. Too late for us to argue for a refund and find a new hotel. Worst hotel experience of my life.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
DawnMGR, Guest Relations Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Reviewed 10 April 2017

I ended up making a last-minute reservation here when my flight home from a trip was so delayed that I was going to get in too late to make the drive home to Charlottesville. I had stayed here once before years ago when it was a Doubletree (also a last minute reservation, that time due to snow) and had had a positive experience, so I figured I'd try it again. Somehow I did not notice that it was no longer a Doubletree when I searched for it.

The hotel generally looks quite run down. There isn't very good signage outside. As others have observed, there were a number of "Out of Order" signs around. We arrived very late (1 am) and as we walked down the hallway to our room, I noticed bags of trash and used towels sitting outside a few of the rooms - these were all still there when we left at 9 the next morning.

The room itself was basic but more or less okay, except for badly needing updating. The television does have HBO, which is nice.

I will say that the women at the front desk at check-in and check-out were very nice, as were the shuttle drivers to and from the airport. But should I need a hotel near the airport again I will be looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
DawnMGR, Guest Relations Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you for you kind review we hope to have you stay with us again really soon! As we await our new company to begin renovating us to become a full service top Branded Name Hotel once again (most likely later this year and into 2018), we are constantly looking for ways to improve what we can (within our current control) and your ideas would greatly help! Please send any ideas, comments or questions to the attention of myself, Dave Johnson (General Manager). Thank you and we wish many happy memories of enjoyable travels for you in the near future!
Dave C. Johnson-GM

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

The hotel was clean and comfortable. We had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. The food was great. Love this hotel because they let you park you car in their lot. Great spot for early flight the next morning.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
DawnMGR, Guest Relations Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
We truly appreciate your response and look forward to hearing more comments if you would like to share them with us. As we await our new company to begin renovating us to become a full service top Branded Name Hotel once again (most likely later this year and into 2018), we are constantly looking for ways to improve what we can (within our current control) and your ideas would greatly help! Please send any ideas, comments or questions to the attention of myself, Dave Johnson (General Manager). Thank you and we wish many happy memories of enjoyable travels for you in the near future!

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

We had clean linens and the staff were friendly. Everything else needs upgrades. There are out of order signs throughout the hotel. The back hallways smell like bad garbage and the celings are filthy. Do not stay here.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
DawnMGR, Front Office Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Returned to my room today to find bed was hastily made. Never saw a hotel bed made this way with the linens not smoothed, the pillows not done, the bed apron half off.

When I went to front desk to let them know, including the attached photo. Was told that because I was here for multiple nights, something to the affect that they only quickly make the beds.

Was offered to have someone remake and received an apology.

I'm surprised at the lack of attention. Also floors don't seem to get vacuumed and a layer of dusk is in all of the points where the floor meets the walls.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 17 March 2017

It is now !:50 in the morning and I have been woke up....at this hotel....so I decided to do a review. This is my second and last stay at this hotel. This is a shame because the hotel is very near the airport. This time I was here for a Thursday and Friday night. Thursday night was uneventful but the room was worn and had lots of dust on the carpet near the baseboards especially in the corners and mold/mildew on the bathroom grout. It was kinda ok as I am not that fussy. I was even ok with the loud music because the bar (party room) was next to the hotel desk. First night was odd because it took 30 minutes to get hot water. Still kinda ok. Came in second evening and there was again a large party in the bar. Went to room and keycard would not work. I had to go down to desk and get keycard re-programed....shouting at desk because even though I was less than 2 feet from desk clerk we had to shout to be heard over music. Get to room and found that maid must not clean bathrooms...this is because bathroom tub was filled with water that would not drain. I was tired and it was after 10 so I just went to bed. The bar must close at 1 or 1:30 because at this time the loud talking in the halls started and doors starting slamming...amazing how much noise was made. Then, even though I had a no smoking room, one of my neighbors decided to smoke....and now the air stinks of smoke. Then one neighbor decided to watch TV....paper thin walls...so I get to hear TV. Random talking in hall and loud door closing from time to time. The bar and parties must be a money maker for this hotel....cause they have decided to let this go on in spite of the traveler that just wants a nights sleep before catching a plane in the morning. Bottom line is why put up with this....stay some where else. Signed..current occupant of room 239.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
DawnMGR, General Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

I would really love to hear more concerning your stay. We value input so that we know exactly what we need to do to improve! Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
0.9 km away
1.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport
2.1 km away
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport

Been to Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!